Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
dsnigro
Aspirant
Aspirant

after a recent update, my user accounts are stuck in 'Getting Status' on the camera.  This has only happened with my user accounts, not the admin account.  I went in and gave one of the user accounts admin access and then the camera started working again.  I do not want to give access rights to all users so this is a problem.  Please advise how to handle this.  I have restarted the devices, deleted and re-added the app and logged in and out.  No resolution.  They are all iOS devices that are fully updated.

58 REPLIES 58
Longster
Aspirant
Aspirant
My guest access can no longer see live view. No changes had been made and I see others having this problem too leads me to think something happened recently on arlos end. Stuck on "Getting Status"
Longster
Aspirant
Aspirant
I granted guest user “Allow Access Rights” and then revoked it after they logged in and things seem to be back to normal now.
Longster
Aspirant
Aspirant
And not working again.
FaThor
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the same issue.  (Thank you for the recommendation to change the account type.)

Our event recording also stopped at the same time.  

We tried resetting the device, reinstalling the apps, restarting the iPad, jumping on one foot.  Nothing helped.  It all occurred after the auto-update on Thursday night/Friday morning.  

Hi Arlo programmers, please undo whatever you did in that update.  Thanks!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update when we hear any new information from the team.

Blondiegrl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am stuck on “getting status” on my IPhone. I have tried everything. Nothing is working. Any help please
nwametze
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem over here. Changing to admin account fixed it. But it is annoying that other accounts don’t get live streaming. Even more annoying is that thuis is happening, don’t you test updates?? Nice with a babycamera....

Leejin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this issue. One of the people I have granted camera access to is getting stuck on the "Getting Status" on each of the camera. That person is using iPhone 8 on iOS 13.5.1. We have restarted the phone, restarted the base station, deleted and re-installed the app, and deleted and re-added as a friend. All other people with access seem to be fine (both iOS and Android)

What else is there to try?

PS Firmware version1.16.2.3_3499_ccd29a0 (no updates available)

Blondiegrl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I have an IPhone XR. This. Just started about 3 days ago. I have tried everything you just mentioned and still no fix. I don’t know if it’s an Apple issue or what.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Mees4 and tk_1989_,

Are you a grant access user or the main account holder? Is this happening on any other devices or on the web client on your computer?

Blondiegrl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is this an IPhone issue or are android users having same issue?
FaThor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to make it work Friday night and Saturday night by restarting the camera, via the app (the restart button wasn't always showing up as an admin until I disabled the camera 1st) and immediately after restarting the camera the guest iPad could join.  This process didn't work Sunday night.  

@Leejin wrote:

What else is there to try?

Mees4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JessicaP,
Thank you for responding.
I am a grant access user. I have had the main account holder re-invite me but i am still unable to view in live, “getting status “ still appears.
It’s only happening on my iPhone , the other account holders do not have this problem. I’ve even switched phones to test it out but no success. I also have the latest Arlo update. Hoping there is a simple solution as it’s driving me mad! Thank you again .
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

In the past few days, have not been able to view any shared cameras, getting "request timed out" on the computer or "getting status" on iOS.  If you allow the person admin rights, the issue resolves.  Once you take away the admin rights, the issue comes back.  I have confirmed this with 3 other users, any fix in the works?

tk_1989_
Aspirant
Aspirant

grant access user for me also, and only the iphone 7 app.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is still investigating this issue and wants to follow up to see if anyone is experiencing this issue on the Arlo Android app and/or the web client on the computer.

dsnigro
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still have the same issue with iOS. I don’t have the issue on the web portal. Additionally, I can’t get my Alexa connection to view the video either so it’s getting stuck in a ‘buffering’ mode there too.
RHCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Pro 3 cameras at home and shared Arlo-Q and Arlo Baby at my daughter's house far away.   On my iPhone X, I can see live view on all 5 cameras, my wife cannot see anything on her iPhone X, though she can see notifications as well as events from the library.  On my iPad Air I can see all my Pro 3 fine but not the 2 shared Arlo at my daughter's house.  We wife have the same issue on her iPad Air just like her iPhone X, no live view at all.  We both can see everything in a browser but live view keeps disconnecting.   This started happening right after the last app update a few days ago.

theru
Aspirant
Aspirant

The person i have granted guest access to is also have the same issue with "getting status" on an Iphone through the App. 

We've tried sending a new invite to the account for access. Restarted the phone. and Also reset the camera. Nothing seems to work. 

orxideia181
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica, I can't verify Android or Web but this continues not to work on iOS (additional non admin user).  Maybe someone else can comment on non iOS platforms.

theru
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm that Android guests do not have the same issues as IOS.

xac14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here for Non admin users. 

Please fix this. 

obecker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. On my Android device, everything is working perfectly. But, on my ios ipad, live stream says getting status. I can access recorded videos, but not live stream. When will this be fixed?
obecker
Aspirant
Aspirant
also confirming that allowing access rights under 'settings>grant access' fixes the issue.
TF22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to view live stream On cameras .
Still recording .

States “ getting status “
It has been days Sitting on this status .

Internet access is available online .

I have reset , reloaded .
I don’t know what is wrong ? Any ideas ?