Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera stuck in getting status on iOS

Discussion stats
dsnigro
Aspirant
Aspirant

after a recent update, my user accounts are stuck in 'Getting Status' on the camera.  This has only happened with my user accounts, not the admin account.  I went in and gave one of the user accounts admin access and then the camera started working again.  I do not want to give access rights to all users so this is a problem.  Please advise how to handle this.  I have restarted the devices, deleted and re-added the app and logged in and out.  No resolution.  They are all iOS devices that are fully updated.

58 REPLIES 58
orxideia181
Aspirant
Aspirant

See post from Jessica (Arlo).  Arlo is working on this.  No ETA at this time.  Jessica, any updates on when the issue will be fixed?

travelingliz89
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a system and my parents have a system. We have shared accessibility with each other so that when one of us is out of town, the other can check in on things if necessary. Two days ago, we both started getting the “checking status” notification for each other’s cameras but we don’t have any issues with checking our own cameras/system. What can we do?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience about this. The development team was able to identify the issue and is doing their best to fix the issue. We'll keep updating the community when we hear any new information or update.

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

This has been quite an inconvenience for days, I've got elderly parents that I need to check in on now and then.  Hopefully this is resolved real soon!

TF22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks .
Hope to hear from Jessica(arlo) soon .
Cinbergs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Some of the cams are orig Arlos, some are Arlo Pro, base is vmb3000
RHCA
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should be fixed on the latest Arlo iOS app version. Make sure to download the latest version, which you can read about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.18.1 - 4th July 2020

If you are still experiencing the issue, please let us know.

TF22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Jessica .
Working now 👌