Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 71 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
jens1981
Initiate
Initiate

I updated my arlo baby and the ios app (ios12) and still have the pixelation in the live view - also i have the sound problem in my app that is described in other threads.

Do i have to reset my arlo baby or is there anything i can do? I´m disappointed that the issue still is not fixed.

71 REPLIES 71
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As some of you may be aware, our development team is aware about some users experiencing pixelation on their Arlo Baby when live streaming and is still investigating this problem. We will be sure to update the community once we hear any new information. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this.

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JessicaP what needs to be realised here is a couple of things

A.) This thread is almost 6 months old, and the issue is much older... its about time some resources were dedicated and timeframes set.

B.) We use this device to monitor the most treasured thing in our lives.

All have paid good money for this device and it is not cheap, Arlo needs to uphold it's end of the bargain and deliver a high end device and now... can Arlo give us an ETA on a fix?
David30
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m in this for another 70 days. That’s when the return period is up on my cameras and if I don’t bring them back I’ll be stuck with them and out many hundreds of dollars.

End of May. Not angry, not emotional, simply is what it is. If the cameras still do this at the end of May I’ll find a different solution.
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
The solution / workaround I posted months ago (connect a second device to the stream) instantly resolves the pixalation (likewise disconnecting brings the problem back after a minute or so), this should be a simple bug fix to impersonate a connected device. Rocket science it isn't And I simply struggle to see what is taking so long?
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
2 devices connected
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
1 device connected
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any response from Arlo other than "We know it's a problem" / "We are working on it (still)" would be appreciated.
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello... paying dissatisfied customers here
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve been putting up with this for 2 years
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

any news or updates on this ?

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Bump, great when a manufacturer ignores it's issues
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Fix the pixelation PLEASE. HomeKit disconnecting leaves me with this as my only option. Horrible.
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
37 messages over a year past people have had this problem

UPDATE PLEASE......
Abell84
Aspirant
Aspirant
My brand new Arlo Baby arrived from Amazon today.... how excited was I to get this thing up and running.... after about 2 minutes of using it I noticed lots of pixelation, an annoying clicking sound through the audio and horrific resolution/ quality of video.

I started to google the issue.......

After reading all these community post it plain to see I’m not the only one with this issue......

I hate to say it but it looks like I’ll be contacting Amazon tomorrow and returning the product. From what I’ve seen on the forums the support from Arlo is abysmal at best, can’t even be bothered trying to figure out what the problem is, much easier to send it back for a refund and buy something else. Sorry Arlo.

Aaron
David30
Aspirant
Aspirant

Would any Arlo representatives care to chime in here?

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Theyve not chimed in the last year or so, so unlikley to now.

Add to this the problem people are having connecting cameras to the new app theyve released. I dare say we wont see any comments other that log a ticket with support for a long time
BayHouseMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very upset that I found this forum and no resolution yet? I just purchased Arlo Baby Cam with Google Wifi Mesh and very strong WiFi signal in the baby room and the pixelation is super frustrating. I have been part of the NetGear Arlo eco-system for many years and would never expect such a poorly written app that causes pixelation for home streaming over WiFi and the workaround is to use HomeKit camera or use your cell vs WiFi.  Has anyone found a real solution to this issue or should I stop wasting my efforts and return the camera and go to the competition?

I am really hoping someone perhaps NetGear Engineers can chime in and help all of us from the dreadful pixelation problem.

Abell84
Aspirant
Aspirant
If the pixelation is that bad I’d just return the camera. I posted my message here three months ago and haven’t seen a solution, or even had a reply from Arlo.

I tried every WiFi setting change imaginable and still had the issue, the only repeatable way to get rid of the pixelation was to use Cell. I persisted with mine thinking Alro would sort it out by the time our baby was 6 months old and sleeping in his own room, but I was wrong, it’s still there.

Also, since the new app was released a couple of weeks ago it’s really unstable. I’m sure there is another forum or post about stability but it’s pretty bad. It doesn’t even report correct room stats anymore like temp and humidity etc, to get the real stats you have to look at then using Home Kit.
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any updates on a fix for this issue?
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Get used to no response, amazon took mine back even out of warranty, reason being the shocking service and poor support from vendor
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
I can confirm the problem does not exist using Homekit, the iOS Apple Home app does not have any pixelation issues, so this is a Arlo app problem.

Tested numerous times by checking the live stream via the Arlo app (Intermittent coloured pixelation lines on video stream)

Then via the Apple Home app (No intermittent coloured pixelation lines, video stream is perfect)
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
Wow.... I just bought three of these from Costco. They have the same pixelation issue that seemed to be identifued back in 2018(?). I guess that must be why they were on sale... I will return if not resolved by the allowed return period. Doesn't seem like Arlo has made any progress....
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

Are you still experiencing any pixelation with your cameras?

Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I’ve learned to live with the crappy pixelation for 3 years now. Still has an issue using google Wifi routers