Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby pixelation happens after update

Discussion stats
  • 71 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
jens1981
Initiate
Initiate

I updated my arlo baby and the ios app (ios12) and still have the pixelation in the live view - also i have the sound problem in my app that is described in other threads.

Do i have to reset my arlo baby or is there anything i can do? I´m disappointed that the issue still is not fixed.

71 REPLIES 71
Abell84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I’ve had the camera for nearly a year now and get constant pixelation/ distortions when using it on my Wifi, works fine when viewed over Cellular (4G etc)
TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m having this issue when viewing from iOS and orbi WiFi6 mesh system but not with LTE.
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep. No problems over cellular. My kid is over two now, and yet still no fix. Will never buy another Arlo anything. This is a KNOWN ISSUE, and Arlo’s team is SILENT.
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi
Is any one aware of the bug with live streaming picture over WiFi. As soon as you outside your home over the mobile network the problem with bad live-streams picture disappear. The problem have been going on for a while now.

I have the newest iPhone app, firmware on baby 1.9.13.0_815 and really god WiFi and Fiber connection with just 4 ms delay. The Arlo baby is just 3 meter from the router. It blurry especially in the bottom, and the blurryness is jumping around.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Sematwir

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
Everything so it is on your side, why is otherwise just on WiFi not on mobile access?

I tried:
Reset/Reinstallation
Change of WiFi Hz
Change of router
The access is 100/100 Mbit/s fiber with just 4,4 ms.

Have your tried to find the bug?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi

Can you give me a direct link to tech second line support?
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
I changed the camera and bought a new one. Of some reason I did get the same HW 6 even if my older camera also had that.

First it worked fine. But, After all upgrades that was pushed the problem also occurred on this new one. So with you buggy firmware I also now have the same problem on the new device!

There is a bug in the firmware or it do not work with the Hw version 6!! Can you please send me an device that have HW7 or later please?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have a screenshot of the blurry image you are reporting?

Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
Here is one example
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
Here is one more. In the bottom of the stream..

It is a bit hard to get them on a picture because it coming and going. It often more then this pictures. Maybe I can get a more detailed picture tomorrow, but I think you the problem already?
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had to live with this issue for 3 years now. On WiFi it is noisy and with static but on cellular it’s perfect. Search for past posts on this. Been going on for years

Don’t expect a resolution. This will never be fixed. Live with it or buy a different brand
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
Why is this not fixed?

I don’t accept that Netgear/Arlo-support can be that bad?

It worked fine before the last update in the camera..
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue for over 2 years. Don’t expect a resolution. I gave up after attempting to interface with Level 2 support on numerous occasions. They will not acknowledge the problem. Sent me a new unit and the issue OBVIOUSLY persisted. Everything else has gotten more stable over time, but the WIFI feed quality is a joke, as it regularly shows distortions/pixelation.
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
What’s amazing to me is that Netgear is a billion dollar company but can’t replicate a simple home WiFi setup to fix the issue. What a joke
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
And what is even more amazing is that I’m using a netgear Orbi router for my home network. No excuse that this shouldn’t play perfectly with the Orbi.
David30
Aspirant
Aspirant
So did netgear decide to discontinue these in lieu of resolving the bug?
David30
Aspirant
Aspirant
It wouldn’t surprise me if the moment they discontinued arlo baby they relegated this thread to somewhere no one on their staff sees it. Product discontinued, out of warranty, not their problem anymore. Let this be a lesson to anyone considering Netgear products. Fortunately they don’t build anything exclusive to the market and there are plenty of competing solutions.
David30
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh boy! I earned the “5 posts posted badge”!

Five posts, zero solutions. #netgear
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @David30

Is this occurring over Wi-Fi or data or both? Do you happen to have a screenshot of this pixelation you can provide?

Does the pixelation occur when you're on the web portal?

David30
Aspirant
Aspirant
You know the answers to all of those questions. Stop wasting customers’ time with them. Everyone on this thread has had the same issues and the details have been well documented. Anyway, no matter at this point. One of the cameras completely bricked out of the blue and is beyond recovery after several attempts to reset it. At least it’s out of its misery. The other one is still crawling along in typical pixelated fashion. I might just break it so I can justify buying a real baby monitor.

To anyone who comes here looking for support on this issue, I’ll give you the harsh advice: don’t waste time corresponding with Netgear on this. They have abandoned this failed product.