Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 49 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
shen-shen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo audio doorbell:
firmware: 1.2.0.0_320_401

hardware: 1.3

Arlo pro2 camera:
formware: 1.125.17.11_de8490d

hardware: H4

Arlo base station:

firmware: 1.20.03_4162_a114662

hardware: VMB4000r3

I configured my arlo pro2 camera to record video triggered by the motion alerts of my alro audio doorbell. It has been working for very long time. It stopped working 2 days ago.  I have tried to remove all devices from the base station, re-added them back, and reset them.  They did not fix the problem.  No motion triggered action works such as  the push and email notifications and video recoding.   The doorbell ringing still triggers the video recording on the paired alro pro2 camera though. I also noticed that the wifi icon of the audio doorbell is in grey color not like the ones on alro cameras with bars to indicate the with signal.    

All the helps are much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Shen

49 REPLIES 49
ChrisJM
Guide
Guide

Yeah... they have definitely done something that has stopped this from working properly.

I have implemented a work around that I'm happy to use until I swap all these cameras out for something else.

Since I use Geofencing to arm and disarm... instead of setting Geofencing to disarm when we are home, I've just created a new mode where the camera linked to doorbell is armed.  So it ends up being the camera that does the motion sensing rather than the doorbell... but it does end up working the same.  Someone comes to the door, and the camera records then and sends me a notification... even when Geofencing knows I'm home.

But like I said... I'm still mad about losing 4K on my Ultra cameras without paying them a hefty subscription so it's not going to be long before I rip these out anyway!

tmeyer13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, with the way my setup is, I really do need the motion detection on the doorbell unless I buy an additional camera.

And yes, the mandatory sub just to record video has killed it for me. Based on my experience so far, support and updates for the pro 3s will probably dry up in about 5 years. My next upgrade will likely not be Arlo. 

It seems like the company is so focused on one-upping the competition with fancier tech that they've completely lost sight of what their customers want.

AndrewThorpe
Tutor
Tutor

Latest update from Arlo support, still not getting any closer to fixing this critical error which is a joke TBH

Your Case Details
Case Number: 43173553
Subject: #L2 Doorbell new_Audio Doorbell doesn't cross trigger and no longer sending PNs

Case Update

Hello,  

Good day!

I am doing a follow-up on your open case 43173553 regarding your Arlo camera system. I hope you are doing well. 

We would like to update you regarding this case. As of the moment, the engineering team is still actively working on this issue and no further updates yet from them on when this will be resolved. Rest assured, as soon as we learn more and have updates for a fix, we will update you as soon as possible.

Hoping for your continued patience and cooperation.

Take care and stay safe. Have a fantastic day!

Kind regards,

Gen

Arlo Escalations Team

SkylarN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Three plus months dealing with this! It’s more than a joke by now! It’s ridiculous!

tmeyer13
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been a problem since the release of the pro3 and HD base station. Pretty sure that was in 2020. I'm just complaining now because I finally upgraded and am regretting it. My old og pro system and audio doorbell was much better...

If the audio doorbell and old base station still work together, I'd really prefer to just trade in my subscription and pro 3s for the old free 5 camera recordings and a working doorbell.

Hachidori
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today November 11th JST morning, I have got the first alert from audio doorbell for motion detect. I assume arlo has just fixed the issue for this. I have audio doorbell connected to VMB5000 with Ultra2 cameras & Pro2 cameras.

Still need to verify if doorbell motion detect is triggering Ultra2 camera recording, but so far push alert is OK. Please check your arlo !!

tmeyer13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got a motion notification also! This is a good step forward. 

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be triggering a camera recording still. But I'll take the progress!

AndrewThorpe
Tutor
Tutor

Notifications and video recordings have started again about an hour ago. Looks like a new a new firmware update has been pushed for my base station and possibly the doorbell, but not sure as I forgot to note the doorbell firmware when this started

tmeyer13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok! I'll cross my fingers for the video trigger fix. Hopefully will see that soon.

Thanks for the update!

shen-shen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, @tmeyer13 @AndrewThorpe @Hachidori,

Thank you all for the updates! I can confirm that mine is working on both move triggered notification and camera video recording.  It did not work initially. It started working after I rebooted my base station. I noticed the firmware version difference of the base station before and after the reboot. The firmware version of my audio doorbell remains the same as the one when I reported this problem in Sep. Definitely the base station firmware version update fixed this problem. 

FYI: the firmware version of my base station coming with my arlo pro2 is 1.20.2.1_4195_3673353

i do not have a subscription with arlo and I could not raise a ticket for this. Thank you all again for helping raising tickets and the follow up! 

SkylarN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately I am still having this problem. Rebooted and checked for update and still nothing.

Hachidori
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have confirmed following situation.

Smart Hub: VMB5000r6

Firmware: 1.20.2.1_1_1355_3673353

Subscriptions: Not purchased

Video doorbell can trigger Pro2 cameras by motion detect, but video is only recorded into cloud, and no recording at smart hub SD card.

Without subscription, even doorbell detected motion, Ultra2 camera cannot be triggered, then no record at smart hub SD card.

shen-shen
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Hachidori

Just to clarify that my video record is on cloud. I never used the local SD storage. 

tmeyer13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no recording trigger from motion on the pro 3s. 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

There was an update released that should help with this issue, please let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an update that should resolve this issue, can you please reboot your base station and test again. 

SkylarN
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s now working

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SkylarN

Thank you for the update.

tmeyer13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes! The station reboot did it for me. It is now working. Thanks so much for fixing it!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tmeyer13

Happy to help get this resolved. 

Eyebanger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS 

I am receiving motion detection alerts from my Audio Doorbell again. The main difference now is it used to give the motion detection alerts when the system was disarmed or armed. Now it is only giving the alerts when the system is armed. 

Also, the schedule is not being obeyed still. It doesn't matter what time of the day it is or what your schedule is, it will always disarm the system. It does this when using the schedule with geofencing too which is what I was using.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo systems have never sent notifications when disarmed. Not sure how/why you apparently have gotten them in the past - all I can assume is that something was still armed.

Have you deleted and rebuilt your schedule? What do you use for geofencing for both Home and Away?

Eyebanger
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat I have had my doorbell since 2019. Only the doorbell used to send motion detection notifications even when disarmed. It did this for years and you can't tell me different because it was literally multiple times a day for years of getting that notification even when disarmed. My significant other turned off notifications because they were so constant.

Yes, I have deleted and rebuilt the schedule. Geofencing away mode is set to armed. Geofencing home mode is set to schedule.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should be resolved after the latest firmware update v4.1

Can you update to the latest version and test again?

Thank you 

Dominick495
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Doorbell may not record due to various reasons. It won't record you don't have a subscription or that your new Arlo device isn't added to the subscription. A faulty WiFi connection can be another reason. Or, you might haven't turned on the motion settings. 

Discussion stats
  • 49 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation