Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App will not find new device - doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Flyboy65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have model AAD1001 - doorbell is listed as active on two different Apple devices. Logged into Arlo app on third device (different user), no doorbell. Ask app to find device will not find device - all other Arlo devices available and working normal. Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Flyboy65 wrote:

Have model AAD1001 - doorbell is listed as active on two different Apple devices. Logged into Arlo app on third device (different user), no doorbell. Ask app to find device will not find device - all other Arlo devices available and working normal. Ideas?

Did you look in the account to which the doorbell was originally added?

Flyboy65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for delay replying away from home for awhile.

Not sure what looking in the account doorbell was added is going to do for me? In the only Arlo account we have when I login on either my iPad or iPhone with my email address I find all of the devices including the doorbell and all operate correctly.

Using my wife's iPad, under my wife's email address in the same account, I find all of the other devices EXCEPT the doorbell. When I try to add a device, it says "no new devices" found. The other devices (2 lights, 4 cameras) all operate normally from this device.

So any suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you grant access to your wife? That operates somewhat differently from your account.

Flyboy65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've double checked in settings - grant access - her name - accepted. All devices are listed except the doorbell.

When I randomly selected "edit," a menu of all devices (including doorbell) appeared and was then able to add "doorbell" to the approved device list.

Thanks for the extra help, to finally figure this out!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation