Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't install chime 2

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Carrama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone, 

Have used arlo for years have all cameras and wireless video doorbell, but..6 months ago i brought chime2 AC2001.. i have had IT Gurus look at it and try to fix it and read everything on here and tried everything 100 times ,yes re setting etc etc etc etc etc... but will not work... it automatically tries to connect to arlo base wifi thru your phone.. you change to other main house wifi... but no go... it is such expense frustrating peice of rubbish..i have spent more time and money than i paid for it in the first place.... the normal chime looks easy... ... how can i get money back as 6 months ago i brought...but still cant use.. please help thanks...

14 REPLIES 14
Carrama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like plenty people have the same problem...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Chime 2 doesn't connect to your base or hub - it uses your home WiFi. 

Do you allow the phone to connect to the temporary WiFi created by the chime? You can't pass your WiFi's SSID and password to the chime without doing so.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062551/What-do-I-do-when-Arlo-fails-to-discover-my-Arlo-Chime-2-when-I-set-it...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Carrama Were you able to verify what jguerdat mentioned?

Thanks 

Carrama
Aspirant
Aspirant

It asked for password or says incorrect password

Where do you get that from

Carrama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20230604_093451_Settings.jpg

 says connected...but light still flashes and no go.... so complicated ... buy a set of wifi anything and in 2 minutes you off and away... this is designed and never tested for customer use or satisfaction and obviously only in a laboratory 

Screenshot_20230604_092932_Wi-Fi tips.jpg

Carrama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Which network is temporary.... the arlo 0124 or the VMB one?? The Arlo 0124 one does connect but nothing happens... the vmb one requires a password... so have no idea

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The VMB one is for your base or hub so it would appear that the "0124" one is correct. It will only show up when installing and at no other point.

Carrama
Aspirant
Aspirant

So....

What next... you see screen shots above it can connect eventually to that 0124 ....BUT... the white light fades in and out... and nothing more

So what now... 

Carrama
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am at home now could you ring or help sort while you there responding please

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carrama wrote:

I am at home now could you ring or help sort while you there responding please

This is a user-to-user forum, not Arlo support.

To your main question - there was a post from someone else a few days ago who also had this problem.  He found that he needed to disable face id temporarily to get it to work.  So try that next.

Carrama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure what you mean.

I have an Android phone and dont use any such... stuff

Also please give number for support..becuase impossible to find...

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carrama wrote:

Also please give number for support..becuase impossible to find...

Again, this is a user-to-user forum.  I don't work for Arlo.

They don't publish a number.  You need to access support through the app.  I understand that's a big problem if you don't have a camera in a subscription plan.  I'm tagging the two Arlo mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to see if they can help.

Carrama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks...

I can never work out how to get onto any support..and last time the person was so thick they just kept sending me what you can already.. download...

I have a subscription plan i have 4 camera.s plus video doorbell...

It is so disappointing... anyway...arlo will slowly take them selves out of the market service and backup =growth and longevity. 

But my son went with another brand And so easy and cheaper.. 

Unless JamesC and ShayneS... have some ideas...arlo fans...look out for some cheap cameras etc...

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation