Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio doorbell battery drains in a few days.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
B_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the Audio Doorbell for a few years now and just recenty the battery drains in a few days. This has happened 3x in a row. The white LED constantly blinking slowly and every minute or so. I think this is the culprit of the battery drain. Is there a way to stop the LED? 

WIFI  signal connection is full. I tried resetting and removing device and adding it back on a few time. 

Again this started around a week ago. 

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

B_W,

Has anything changed with your network? Is the doorbell seeing more activity than usual?

JamesC

B_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. Nothing new happening on my network.

The traffic is the same as the previous months.

As I mentioned, I do see the white LED pulse slowly every few minutes or so. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

B_W,

This fading white LED is an indication that the doorbell is detecting motion. For more information, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000061847/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-Audio-Doorbell-mean

If the LED is always active, this means the doorbell is detecting motion. If this is occurring for extended periods of time, this will drain the battery.

JamesC

B_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, 

Ok but there is nothing around to detect motion. I stand across the street and see it blinking on its own. Is there a way to not detect motion? I only see the option to not send notifications when motion is detected which I is currently selected. 

B_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. I changed the battery last night again and took note of the LED.

The white light emits for 2secs every 8 to 12seconds continuously.

I do not think the doorbell is detection motion with that pattern. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

B_W,

The only LED behaviors are what is listed in the article linked above:

Fading white. Your Arlo doorbell detected motion.

Blinking white for 5 seconds. Your Arlo doorbell was pressed.

Solid white. Two-way audio is being used.

White fading off. Two-way audio has ended.

If the doorbell is constantly detecting motion, but there is no obvious motion that should be detected, this could indicate a hardware issue with the motion sensor.

JamesC

StonegateGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have an issue with battery life on the audio doorbell. Nothing has changed in my network, and like the OP I have reset and readded the device to my network with no luck. The Battery seems to last between 11-19 days which is ridiculously less than it used to. This device is on the back of my house so it should see very little motion, and to ensure it wasn't motion that is causing the drain, I actually covered the motion sensor the last time with black electrical tape, I do not see the ring lighting up so its not detecting motion, yet the thing still died in 11 days. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation