Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Rysiu22
Follower
Follower
I am trying to sync two Arlo Chimes to my doorbell, but get an amber light
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dutch_Arlo_User
Tutor
Tutor

You might want to try this workaround as my Audio Doorbell now works as expected with two Arlo Chimes;

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Workaround-for-adding-a-second-Arlo-Chime-to-an-Ar...

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
sneururer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Pro 2 system which includes the base, one pro 2 camera and one door bell.  I purchased two door chimes for the sytem.  Before making this purchase, I read that the system will support two door bells and up to five chimes.  Right now I am able to connect the door bell and only one chime.  When I try to add the second chime, the first chime gets disconnected.  I would like both chimes to sound when pressing the one doorbell.  I have tried pairing the chimes through the app and also the "sync" button.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Tobsta
Guide
Guide

same issue here

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Rysiu22 and Tobsta,

If you have problems where you're getting an amber light on one of your Arlo Chime when syncing to a single Arlo Audio Doorbell, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

KenHull
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I had the same problem first time the amber light. Did a syc of the chime and removed it from the system. Setup again amber light. Did another sync of the chime and this time setup completed fine. Now have 2 chimes running off the 1 doorbell. The doorbell motion though needs a way of adjusting sensitivity.

Ken

C_Bus_Arlo
Guide
Guide
Does anyone successfully have two Arlo chimes working on one Arlo doorbell? Can get one to work but the second one will sync and then mess up the first chime. Have all current software and firmware. Will likely return the second chime, this is very frustrating. The new Arlo app seems to be full of bugs. Have 4 other Arlo pro cameras attached to this base station and other than the lag they are working well.
C_Bus_Arlo
Guide
Guide
Have successfully paired one chime with the doorbell and a front camera but adding a second chime gives me all the same bugs everyone here is experiencing. The chime first paired will eventually turn amber and melody options disappear. Sometimes the call option does not even call my phone.

This system was specifically purchased to work with my Arlo camera system and have TWO chimes per the selling features.

ARLO, please fix this issue with the doorbell and chimes! While you are at it, fix the app issue on iOS where audio continues to play after watching a partial recording. Who releases such buggy apps? Have nearly $1K invested in hardware and this is so frustrating.
C_Bus_Arlo
Guide
Guide
Most recent app update did not fix. You add a chime and the old chime either freaks out and light turns amber, or simply does not work. Melody section briefly shows ability to change tone on two chimes and then one disappears. Please fix, this is a huge reason for purchasing the doorbell.
ma100000
Guide
Guide

same issue here, that´s more than frustrating, i guess i have to return all the 3  chimes the base station and the doorbell and look for antoher system if it can´t be fixed...

isn´t it possible to sync 3 chimes with one doorbell?????

C_Bus_Arlo
Guide
Guide
I gave up and returned the extra chime. Was able to get our Alexa’s around the home to play a notification or would have returned it all.
ma100000
Guide
Guide

So did I. Just returned it to Amazon! What a pity the wasted time and nerves!

Tobsta
Guide
Guide

how you did that alexa notification thing? via ifttt? wasnt able to trigger on doorbell ring.

C_Bus_Arlo
Guide
Guide
Added a device on the Alexa app and then added a routine. Good luck.
BrianDixon
Initiate
Initiate
*Bump* Just bought an additional Arlo Chime today December 12th, 2019. Arlo indicates all firmware is up-to-date. But I am getting all of the above issues when trying to connect multiple Chimes. Would ultimately love to have three to cover the different places in our home. Please, simple question for the moderators. Is this possible or not? This has clearly been an issue for many months and apparently not addressed. Please advise if there is a fix or where I need to return the additional Arlo Chimes.

Thank you in advance,

Brian Dixon
ma100000
Guide
Guide
No response from Arlo but silence on this issue... I guess that says enough!
BrianDixon
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the response, ma100000. I agree no other way to interpret the silence. 

Bummer as this would have solved some issues for me. I spend most of my time in the garage or on the back patio. My wife in the basement or the kitchen. How cool would it be to hear the doorbell ring no matter where we all were? And I get the doorbell can ring your phone but we don't always have them on us and our kids don't have cell phones (yet).

Dutch_Arlo_User
Tutor
Tutor

You might want to try this workaround as my Audio Doorbell now works as expected with two Arlo Chimes;

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Workaround-for-adding-a-second-Arlo-Chime-to-an-Ar...

C_Bus_Arlo
Guide
Guide
OMG, what a hot mess. Thanks for the write up, might be of help to those still trying to get this to work.

I already returned the second chime and added “routines” to Alexa to notify when doorbell rings. Amazon Dots are much cheaper than a second chime and it works out of the box.
JJS68
Luminary
Luminary

same issue here, when add second chime, neither work anymore

JJS68
Luminary
Luminary

"I gave up and returned the extra chime. Was able to get our Alexa’s around the home to play a notification or would have returned it all. "

"Added a device on the Alexa app and then added a routine. Good luck."

C_Bus_arlo, thank you, that worked, just ordered a couple Echo flex  for other rooms, be nice if more than one chime worked, but this is a good work around

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation