Workaround for adding a second Arlo Chime to an Arlo Audio doorbell
It took me a couple of days to figure this out but I finally succeeded. Here’s my workaround for adding a second Arlo Chime to an Arlo Audio Doorbell;
- Sync Doorbell (do not connect a Camera or add a Chime)
- Remove batteries from Doorbell
- Sync Chime 1 (do not connect to Doorbell, swipe screen downwards when asked which Doorbell you want to connect)
- Sync Chime 2 (do not connect to Doorbell, swipe screen downwards when asked which Doorbell you want to connect)
- Pair Chime 1 with Doorbell (Settings > My Devices > Doorbell > Add Chime (Check Melody / Volume Chime 1)
- Pair Chime 2 with Doorbell (Settings > My Devices > Doorbell > Add Chime (Check Melody / Volume Chime 2), Chime 1 LED will turn amber and Melody options Chime 1 will disappear
- Unpair Chime 1 and Chime 2
- Pair Chime 1 and Chime 2 simultaneously (Settings > My Devices > Doorbell > Add Chime (Select both Chime 1 and Chime 2)
- Do not touch Melody / Volume options!
- Both Chime 1 and Chime 2 LED will turn amber
- Restart Arlo Base Station (Settings > My Devices > Arlo Base Station > Restart)
- Wait till all Camera’s and Chimes are connected (Both Chime 1 and Chime 2 LED will go off, if not unplug and re-plug Chime(s)
- Change Melody / Adjust volume Chime 1 and Chime 2 to your own preferences (Settings > My Devices > Doorbell > Melody)
- Pair front door / porch camera if you like (Settings > My Devices > Doorbell > Pair to Camera)
- Reinsert batteries into Doorbell
- Reconnect Doorbell by activating motion detection or pressing Doorbell
- If everything went well both Chimes will ring (if not, repeat steps 5 through 11 with different pair / unpair sequences till both Chime LED’s turn amber and restart Arlo Base Station)
- You can now also set up your chime to play a sound when your Doorbell detects motion (Settings > My Devices > Doorbell > Motion Settings > Add Device)
If anything doesn’t work, like receiving calls, play a quick reply message, the Doorbell doesn’t prompt the visitor to leave a message or you’re not able to talk to the visitor, tap Silent Mode to toggle silent mode on and off and/or tap Incoming call to toggle incoming calls on and off and/or restart your Arlo Base Station.
My Audio Doorbell now works as expected with two Arlo Chimes, except for the 5 minute recording issue when the Doorbell is used as a motion trigger for my Pro 2 camera.
Please let me know if this multiple Arlo Chime sync workaround worked out for you.
Greetings from The Netherlands!
BTW - Arlo engineering team can you please use this information to provide us with an update that fixes the multiple Arlo Chime sync issue? Thanks!
This is by far the most complicated work around i ever saw. Must have been a nightmare to find that "solution". Very big "thank you" for your efforts and publishing your "nightmare" here.
And this again should show arlo engineers how much pain we users have with a feature which should... no... must work out of the box! Its really a shame that arlo has not reacted since half a year now....
Still very disappointed in your product and support!!
I will try this work around as soon as i found enough motivation to play around with this beta version devices again and will come back to you.