Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Re: Unable to connect two door chimes to one door bell.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Rysiu22 Follower
Follower
I am trying to sync two Arlo Chimes to my doorbell, but get an amber light
sneururer Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Pro 2 system which includes the base, one pro 2 camera and one door bell.  I purchased two door chimes for the sytem.  Before making this purchase, I read that the system will support two door bells and up to five chimes.  Right now I am able to connect the door bell and only one chime.  When I try to add the second chime, the first chime gets disconnected.  I would like both chimes to sound when pressing the one doorbell.  I have tried pairing the chimes through the app and also the "sync" button.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Tobsta Tutor
Tutor

same issue here

JessicaP Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Rysiu22 and Tobsta,

If you have problems where you're getting an amber light on one of your Arlo Chime when syncing to a single Arlo Audio Doorbell, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Highlighted
KenHull Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I had the same problem first time the amber light. Did a syc of the chime and removed it from the system. Setup again amber light. Did another sync of the chime and this time setup completed fine. Now have 2 chimes running off the 1 doorbell. The doorbell motion though needs a way of adjusting sensitivity.

Ken

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
C_Bus_Arlo Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone successfully have two Arlo chimes working on one Arlo doorbell? Can get one to work but the second one will sync and then mess up the first chime. Have all current software and firmware. Will likely return the second chime, this is very frustrating. The new Arlo app seems to be full of bugs. Have 4 other Arlo pro cameras attached to this base station and other than the lag they are working well.
Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
C_Bus_Arlo Aspirant
Aspirant
Have successfully paired one chime with the doorbell and a front camera but adding a second chime gives me all the same bugs everyone here is experiencing. The chime first paired will eventually turn amber and melody options disappear. Sometimes the call option does not even call my phone.

This system was specifically purchased to work with my Arlo camera system and have TWO chimes per the selling features.

ARLO, please fix this issue with the doorbell and chimes! While you are at it, fix the app issue on iOS where audio continues to play after watching a partial recording. Who releases such buggy apps? Have nearly $1K invested in hardware and this is so frustrating.
Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
C_Bus_Arlo Aspirant
Aspirant
Most recent app update did not fix. You add a chime and the old chime either freaks out and light turns amber, or simply does not work. Melody section briefly shows ability to change tone on two chimes and then one disappears. Please fix, this is a huge reason for purchasing the doorbell.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation