Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
timpharrison
Star
Star

Since updating to iOS 13 my doorbell does not call my iPhone (or that of my wife's).

I have followed guidance under a similar thread, to no avail:

- Reset Arlo base station

- Removed and reinstalled Arlo doorbell

- Removed and reinstalled iOS Arlo application

Any ideas before I try to return this to the manufacturer?  It really is very poor that the app upgrade was released without this being resolved.

207 REPLIES 207
DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Still not working.

Arlo, customers are counting the days.

Mick_H
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @DaveH85 was your issue resolved as I'm having exactly the same problem?

DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor
You should research the internet on Arlo’s performance before you bought it.

This issue has been weeks and there is NO solution from Arlo at all.

Huge number of clients have been trapped.
DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo has totally screwed things up. No calls for both iOS and Android phones.

Complete failure.

Their support staff normally ask you to do two things:
1, reinstall app
2, reset everything

These are totally nonsense and useless.
timpharrison
Star
Star

HI all,

As per the other topic I raised on this forum - this no longer works.

In case any potential customers are viewing this forum - please note - the Arlo doorbell no longer works - it does not alert iPhone or Android.  This was reported to Arlo several weeks ago and there has been no indication of if/when this will be fixes.

timpharrison
Star
Star

In case any potential customers are viewing this forum - please note - the Arlo doorbell no longer works - it does not alert iPhone or Android.  This was reported to Arlo several weeks ago and there has been no indication of if/when this will be fixes.

timpharrison
Star
Star

Yep still not working.  Arlo have closed my support case, despite this problem not being solved - unbelievable!

Talktotone
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep. Definitely still not working for me. Arlo support keep requesting a reset reboot reinstall. Makes no difference. There is a problem with the firmware that rebooting reinstalling etc fixes.
Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS Have you go an update? This has become an absolute joke.

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Without the call feature, the doorbell is useless. This is extremely disappointing. 

DaveH85
Tutor
Tutor
No, not resolved. I've ended up removing the doorbell and chime until I hear about a fix. Very disappointed.
garethkendall19
Tutor
Tutor
It really is quite poor. I've still not been able to get into contact with them. I have posted on there Facebook wall and then they contacted me to PM them. Let's see how far I get.
Webo2000
Star
Star
Some days it works. Others nothing. Very frustrating. Love the cameras but doorbell is an issue. Can’t offer any solutions as struck myself.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Webo2000,

Want to buy my cameras? I find them almost as problematic as the dumbbell....sorry, I mean the doorbell.
Pellepennan
Guide
Guide

Here is an update:

The support came back the day after my looong chat session. I was hopefull.

Opened the and saw that the case was on hold because they wanted to know about my network performance (speedtest.net). There is no problem with my network/Internet performance.

Since then.... Silence.... 

I try to keep a positive mind and awaits the solution (sarcasm...)

Pellepennan
Guide
Guide

An add to my recent post:

Now my doorbell dont send any notifications what so ever. And no possibility to leave voice message. So I got a new feature

garethkendall19
Tutor
Tutor
This doorbell is as far as I can see "not fit for purpose" it's only an £80 item but I paid on credit card so I'm going to get them to take legal action. They should not get away with pushing such a poor product. I love the cameras an thought the doorbell made sense.

Lack of answers from support even though I pay a subscription is simply not good enough. They asked me to message them which I did but surprise surprise not response.
bscooper0
Guide
Guide

@Pellepennan that's exactly where I am at with them. Haven't heard back for 3 days.

DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor
Dear Arlo,
You’d better fix the dumbbell problem ASAP and keep customers informed in timely manner.

You are angering customers!

Some are contacting tech-reviewers, it would be too late if you have noticed articles on CNET! And, summons is even worse.
speakinechos
Star
Star

My Arlo doorbell has been working OK since Arlo replaced the first one I bought.  Just recently however it has stopped calling our phones when the button is pressed.

When pressing the doorbell button the house chime rings and a notification is pushed to the phone, but the phone no longer rings and I cannot see who is at the door or talk to them like I used to be able to do.  I am using Android v. 9 on a Galaxy S8.  This is the same with both my phone and my wife's.  We both have the same phone.  Is there a permission I need to give the app that maybe it lost on the last update?

Mr__Sacha
Initiate
Initiate

After installing new IOS13 doorbell has stopped calling iPhone 8.

I have tried to reinstall doorbell, but it don't helps.

Can someone help me with this?

qureshibe
Star
Star

What I see is that ARLO has launched a New Doorbell with Cam integrated.

How can we return the current faulty one to get a new doorbell with cam?

garethkendall19
Tutor
Tutor
I strongly suspect this is a software not hardware issue.

This will be the same issue with the new video doorbell.

I'm a software developer and to me it would seem Arlo can't keep up with the platforms they run on. IOS and Android. They have both had releases recently.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I wonder, garethkendall19. I have had the same issues on and off with the doorbell. However the problems I see with my cameras lately, i.e. over exposure of live view and recorded video, inability to change brightness manually, very very long delay to turn on live view or not at all, makes me question if it’s soft or hardware. This looks like the aperture is faulty as far as the brightness goes. So doorbell hardware would not be ruled out in my humble opinion.
Either way, it’s VERY unreliable and should not be sold at the price point that it is. (Or at all))

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for inquiring. Our team is aware of the issue where pressing the Arlo Audio Doorbell does not ring iOS devices that are using iOS 13. With the new iOS 13 update, Apple changed the way SIP calls are handled and, as a result, Arlo Audio Doorbell calls no longer connect to iOS devices when the Arlo app is running in the background. We know how frustrating this is, and our developers are working to get expedited approval from Apple so that we may deploy an update to the Arlo app as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue.