Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

jjones80
Follower
Follower

My audio doorbell AAD1001 has been working perfectly up until tonight. 

It has just started sending out multiple alerts:

"Device Online Alert"  - "***** back online at *time*"

I have tried restarting to no effect. Anyone know what these alerts are and how can they be stopped? 

There is nothing in the manuals, or anything online that I have read. 

Thanks for your help!

Current FM: 1.2.0.0_320_401

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you continue receiving these alerts for your Arlo Audio Doorbell.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you continue receiving these alerts for your Arlo Audio Doorbell.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently working toward a solution for this issue. I will provide another update once the fix is available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this to the development team for further investigation. Thank you for the feedback provided so far and I will post an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC

102 REPLIES 102
jmatti
Tutor
Tutor

My doorbell started suddenly send push messages every time it connects to the base station - and this happens every time someone walks by...

This is a new feature that has not happened before. I booted the base station, the batteries seems to be fine at the doorbell... what else could be done - except re-install the doorbell?

monkyman
Tutor
Tutor

Mine just started doing it as well, I am furious. It is ridiculously annoying and have spent 2 hours trying to make it stop. Think it's time to throw this rubbish out and move to Nest.

I have also reset, and reinstalled doorbell, still the same. This must be some kind of system issue.

Zonal
Tutor
Tutor

Just started getting multiple random notifications from my doorbell this afternoon.  They read 'Device Online Alert - Doorbell is back online'.  Seem to be getting one every 15-20 minutes.

monkyman
Tutor
Tutor

I would assume every time it detects motion and the doorbell connects to the BaseStation. That's what mine is doing

luspy89
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem too.
I think it's due to a recent docking station firmware update. They have to fix it immediately is an annoying bug !!

jmatti
Tutor
Tutor

Jep, that is my thought also - must be a software update issue. And there is no settings for it.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Mine started doing the same.
Yet again, it seems Arlo released a firmware update without properly testing it. As usual, the release is at the end of the week, so I now have to face a prospect of having these notifications throughout the weekend. *Not acceptable*. The whole system and approach is amateur and not fit for purpose, I'm afraid. 

Also, based on the info from the messages, I find it concerning how often the doorbell is actually online/offline.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Given these botched jobs that the dev team constantly do with regards to firmware updates, there really has to be a new feature giving the users an option to decide when and if to do them, for the sake of our sanity and your reputation, Arlo. 

I've really had enough of these forced and broken firmware updates (I actually can't remember a firmware update that didn't break things) that constantly one way or another inconvenience my life.

bluefish2303
Tutor
Tutor
Just to say I'm getting exactly the same problem!! I don't have a plan, the system isn't armed and I haven't touched a thing.
OnoriaPTN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I assume they pushed a new firmware that broke something.

Any reply from Arlo?

Taboo5150
Guide
Guide
My doorbell sent a “Device Online Alert” last night as well. Now every time it senses motion it sends an alert saying “Doorbell back online”. I’m hoping Arlo is getting enough feedback to address their newest update. If you hear anything please post.
GustavB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same for me. Started today / this morning!! Not fun. any ideas how to solve it?
Taboo5150
Guide
Guide
Don’t think there’s anything we can do. The IT folks at Arlo are going to have to excuse our doorbell types from this type of alert. Hopefully won’t take them long. I have removed the batteries from the doorbell to stop the alert, or you can delete the doorbell and reinstall once the update occurs.
itsgreg
Guide
Guide
Same thing with ours. Now getting a device online alert every time it detects motion even when we have motion detection off. Started in the middle of the night.
Russuvius
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue starting occurring  07/29/2022

Taylo607
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem.
ws1monds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue model AAD1001, fw 1.2.0.0_320_401

Every time something passes by either the front or back doorbell I get notifications. It started early in the AM with the front door but no camera motion was recorded (system was armed, so the camera would have picked up someone on the porch). Its super super annoying.

GeneralMeow
Tutor
Tutor

It does seem to be related to motion sensing and the device waking up from deep sleep because of it.

I unplug it for a while and it never shows offline.  So I don't know the polling cycle, but definitely seems to be a botched firmware update.

the live chat is useless to report this bug.

Dbrock77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here--I'm on W coast and they started yesterday, 7/28.  Has anyone contacted Arlo?

Scottro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem started late last night, 7/28/22 and I'm getting alerts every few minutes. AAARGH!!

LR1755
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same Device Online Alert. Woke me up last night as phone is in my bedroom. Every time someone walks by the door bell both my phone and watch bing. Really pissed off and have been rebooting and resetting everything until just looking here. Not happy as it’s a great doorbell and system.
Ronosu
Initiate
Initiate
In the same boat, issue started this morning EST 7/29 for my front doorbell.
Model: AAD1001
Firmware: 1.2.0.0_320_401
Hardware: 1.4
chrismac88
Initiate
Initiate

Both my doorbells have been sending push notifications every 20 minutes or so since last night saying they are "back online".......please make it stop

Rubensbarreto
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is hell, same thing here, started last night, it keeps notifying non stop. Ichecked everywhere in the app to disable this type of notification without disabling important ones, there isn’t an option. It mainly notifies me regarding the doorbell, but sometimes it notifies me about one of the cameras, but the door bell is non stop.