Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

jjones80
Follower
Follower

My audio doorbell AAD1001 has been working perfectly up until tonight. 

It has just started sending out multiple alerts:

"Device Online Alert"  - "***** back online at *time*"

I have tried restarting to no effect. Anyone know what these alerts are and how can they be stopped? 

There is nothing in the manuals, or anything online that I have read. 

Thanks for your help!

Current FM: 1.2.0.0_320_401

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you continue receiving these alerts for your Arlo Audio Doorbell.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently working toward a solution for this issue. I will provide another update once the fix is available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this to the development team for further investigation. Thank you for the feedback provided so far and I will post an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC

102 REPLIES 102
Dave-B
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the same issue. Thought there may be a problem with the doorbell itself and purchased a new one but it also seems to send an alert on any motion.
jmduke3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in the same boat and have been receiving the notifications either since 7/29 or 7/29/2022. Just this morning alone I have had it five times: 3:00am, 4:00am, 5:00am, 8:50am, and 9:15am. 

FW: 1.2.0.0_320_401

MrSB98
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here and it look like every hour or when motion is detected. Since the last 48 h. I've tried to restart, reinstall and I've even changed the hub, no effect.

DanNOLA
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s not just the doorbells. I am getting the same alerts from multiple cameras. This needs a fix better than “turn off notifications”, might as well turn off the cameras. Is it possible to rollback to previous firmware?
GeneralMeow
Tutor
Tutor

i can confirm this.

Just rebooted my base station and i'm getting "back online" messages from everything.

This is getting silly.  What is the status from engineering.  ROLLBACK!

rob_fed
Tutor
Tutor

For Arlo customer service logging purposes, I've been experiencing this issue for at least 2 weeks.  I only have one Arlo hub and this Audio Doorbell.  No settings have changed.  I initially thought it was a low battery problem and also removed and reinstalled the doorbell. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

cgrzesik
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here.  Had to remove the doorbell as it was driving us crazy.  HELP!!!

d0ppelganger13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same problem. It's soo annoying. I get alerts at 4am saying my doorbell is back online. I've factory reset, changes the batteries even put the doorbell right beside the base station. It's not a wifi issue.

This is definitely a bug that rolled out with the offline/online notification that recently launched. I also have no need for that feature and you should allow users to turn it off.
Dave-B
Tutor
Tutor

I tried Deedub suggestion to cover the motion detector and that does stop random messages caused by motion, but I still get the message when the Doorbell is pressed.  This makes me tend to agree with Froidianslip that this may be Developer Code.

markus4star
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same - getting repeated "Device back online" since 7/29.

GeneralMeow
Tutor
Tutor

Now i'm getting "#alert detected..." notification instead of "device online".

So something is being done.  But still not fixed.

cgrzesik
Tutor
Tutor

I got that same alert 2 days ago.  Mine was going back and forth between "alert detected" and "device online".  

peter_tang_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m also having the same issue. It’s really annoying to get so many push alerts when it seems the cameras are going on and offline every 10 minutes. 

mike_zoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

exact same issue here

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently working toward a solution for this issue. I will provide another update once the fix is available.

JamesC

markus4star
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC can we please get an ETA on resolution to this issue?  These alerts are driving me nuts!!  Thanks.

speakinechos
Star
Star

Mine is doing this as well.  Keeps doing it in the middle of the night waking me up and making me think there is someone snooping around my front door.  Inevitably there is no one there.  Until I found this post I wasn't even sure it was my door bell as I have a camera linked to the doorbell and they are both named "Front Door".  Can't wait for Arlo to fix this issue.  Just now got another new alert that I couldn't figure out but it starts with #alert....I bet this is also a new "feature" that can't be turned off!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you continue receiving these alerts for your Arlo Audio Doorbell.

JamesC

KeithD1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Arlo, mine is not sending notifications now. 👍🏻
GeneralMeow
Tutor
Tutor

after the "fix", i got one more "back online" notification when it woke up.  But after, that no more.

Will monitor before I mount it back outside.

Dave-B
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.  I am not getting the alert anymore and the Doorbell is working.

IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide

Sweet Deal! Working as normal again! Much appreciated

Taboo5150
Guide
Guide

Thanks JamesC - working great!

cgrzesik
Tutor
Tutor

All good.

S4aqom
Aspirant
Aspirant
My front door bell motion detector is sending messages "doorbell is offline" then "doorbell is back on line" any time someone walks by, even though I have the alerts and notifications turned off. It is very anoying