Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell is still calling my phone after disabling

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Christijn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I disabled phone calls in the app settings, but the device is still calling me. I already tried to disable and enable the setting a few times again, but the device seems to choose for itself when to call me...

Besides the issue above the battery is draining fast. I have two bars of signal and can't improve it any further. Is it not possible to save battery by disabling the motion detection and/or led light? Because of the connection delay, I can't use it to answer the door. Really disappointed by this product.

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Christijn

Are you trying to use the silent feature in the Arlo app or within your phones system settings?

How soon are the batteries depleting in your Doorbell?

Christijn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn't put the silent mode on, but disabled phone calls in the Arlo app (not in phone settings). I am using the doorbell since half August and currently using the third battery set. The specs said it could last a year?!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Christijn

What type of batteries are you using & how much motion is the doorbell seeing a day? Is it placed in a high traffic area?

Is the Incoming call slider Green or Grey?

Medlin151
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. My incoming call slider is gray. But i still get a call when the doorbell button is pressed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Medlin151

The incoming call slider should be green to silence calls. When you apply this, the "silent Mode Slider" will turn green as well.

Christijn
Aspirant
Aspirant
The slider is grey. Seems correct because my traditional chime is green and is still working (like it should). I don't want to silent everything. I'm using regular Varta AA batteries. During the day we have about 1 car every 5 to 10 min.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Christijn

The slider needs to be green to silence your phone calls.

Regarding the batteries draining, at the current rate, you are detecting 200+ objects per day not including possible recordings. How far away from the road are you?

Christijn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try to put the slider on the green side, but it doesn't make any sense. The doorbell is installed in parallel with the street about 3-4m from the street.
Christijn
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I put the slider to the green side, I tried myself and didn't receive an incoming call. Yesterday somebody was at my door and again I received the call... 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Christijn

I was not able to replicate the issue.  Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation