Any chance of a post-mortem, in particular how a bug with a server-side release failed to be caught?
Obviously I have no definitive insight, but it seems like this only got attention as an issue through support changes, rather than systematic detection.
I’m sure the community would welcome the transparency on what Arlo is doing to ensure quality.
I have also checked my doorbell and phone this morning and it is now working. Thanks very much for the quick fix to this problem. The doorbell / phone alert / communication has been a great combination and useful for us in my family.
We keep finding out details, one at a time. Having all the info makes possible resolution faster. What phone and OS does she have? What about yours? Anything else you can add?
And I fail to see why the phone matters. It happens to be an iPhone 7 Plus. And all our apps and software is always up to date.
Seeing the doorbell does NOT mean all permissions were set. Did you actually check or are you blowing smoke?
The phone and OS may matter depending on hardware and software all the way around. We don't know until you actually tell us all the details.
So I got my v1.3 doorbell today and I get very similar, if not the same issues; Only motion detection alerts and occasionally a very brief call on my iPhone (ios 12.1.4 and arlo app 2.7.4). Chatting with tehc support online, they got me to turn off WiFi and suddenly I get the call coming in to my phone, but when I answer it gies straight the starting page of the app, not the video call itself. Turn WiFi back on again and back to the starting point. Tech supports view is that they down't have a fix or an ETA on a fix, but are well aware of the issue.
I've had a couple of weird occurances like that. I haven't spent much time troubleshooting but last time I think I popped the batteries out and reinserted and they worked fine. Not sure that the doorbell showed 0% but worth a try. Test with a voltmeter to see if they're really dead.