Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ed12377
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi all 

Ok I changed batteries in arlo door bell yesterday all synced fine to base station etc but none of my devices now ring when doorbell pressed..

i have tired resync many times & although the app/base station sees the door bell & led behaviour works as normal none of my devices no longer call...Sometimes the call screen briefly appears on iPad/iPhone for about .5 of a sec...

I have also reset base station etc but nothing seems to work when receiving calls from doorbell...So at the moment the door bell is useless, also never worked with Alexa at all but that’s a whole other issue...

Just being hopeful it’s a bug since last app update, only a week or so ago so may not of worked since then for all I know...

Any help appreciated as always...

70 REPLIES 70
Ed12377
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi all
I can also confirm that as of today the door bell is now working with iOS...Many thanks to both community & Arlo for your attention to this...
JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
Doorbell working again. Now if you can just get the Arlo Chime to work when the Pro camera detects motion, that would be great.
jmmmmh
Guide
Guide
Same here, working again.

Any chance of a post-mortem, in particular how a bug with a server-side release failed to be caught?

Obviously I have no definitive insight, but it seems like this only got attention as an issue through support changes, rather than systematic detection.

I’m sure the community would welcome the transparency on what Arlo is doing to ensure quality.
JamesRKilgore
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also checked my doorbell and phone this morning and it is now working. Thanks very much for the quick fix to this problem. The doorbell / phone alert / communication has been a great combination and useful for us in my family.

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary
Yup....add my name to “solved”. Thanks Arlo
Sempaidavid
Tutor
Tutor
Was this ever solved. Same problem here. Access is granted to my wife, but only my phone rings
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The doorbell itself is shared? Make sure all permissions for the app are enabled on her phone.

Sempaidavid
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. She can see it just fine. It just doesn’t call her phone. So far I’ve found 7 thread complaining of the same issue. All woth no resolution
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And the permissions?

Sempaidavid
Tutor
Tutor
Yes of course. She wouldn’t be able to see them if I hadn’t.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing her from Gtrant Access and then re-add her.

Sempaidavid
Tutor
Tutor
I did that too
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We keep finding out details, one at a time. Having all the info makes possible resolution faster. What phone and OS does she have? What about yours? Anything else you can add?

Sempaidavid
Tutor
Tutor
No, you just aren’t paying attention. By stating she could see the doorbell that meant the permissions were in place.

And I fail to see why the phone matters. It happens to be an iPhone 7 Plus. And all our apps and software is always up to date.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seeing the doorbell does NOT mean all permissions were set. Did you actually check or are you blowing smoke?

The phone and OS may matter depending on hardware and software all the way around. We don't know until you actually tell us all the details.

Sempaidavid
Tutor
Tutor
So I haven’t changed anything or even opened the app and all of a sudden after two days, it’s working. I’ve seen other the ads say the same. Maybe Arlo needs to update the info to say that calls to secondary devices may make 48 to work properly
Sempaidavid
Tutor
Tutor
Yes it does. Until you give someone permissions of a specific device it doesn’t show up on their phone
MrJangles
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I got my v1.3 doorbell today and I get very similar, if not the same issues; Only motion detection alerts and occasionally a very brief call on my iPhone (ios 12.1.4 and arlo app 2.7.4).  Chatting with tehc support online, they got me to turn off WiFi and suddenly I get the call coming in to my phone, but when I answer it gies straight the starting page of the app, not the video call itself.  Turn WiFi back on again and back to the starting point.  Tech supports view is that they down't have a fix or an ETA on a fix, but are well aware of the issue.

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary
After the recent fix was implemented my batteries went from 89% to 0% within a week. No warnings. Anyone else experience this? Coincidence?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had a couple of weird occurances like that. I haven't spent much time troubleshooting but last time I think I popped the batteries out and reinserted and they worked fine. Not sure that the doorbell showed 0% but worth a try. Test with a voltmeter to see if they're really dead.

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

Yup, that worked! Thanks. 

Discussion stats