Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KevinGlennon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Chimes (HW Version1.2 and Firmware1.2.0.0_297_266) and they constantly get out of Sync. 

They are installed not more than 10 meters from the Arlo Ultra base.

The question is: why do they get out of Sync all the time 

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KevinGlennon

You can try and reposition the base station a bit higher and see if that helps with the signal. it sounds like there may be some interference or range issue with walls etc.

MDNZ
Guide
Guide
Is the communication between chime and the base station using its own wifi or the existing home Wireless network. Is there anyway to extend the wifi coverage for an Ultra base
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MDNZ

I have attached an article that you can utilize to help extend your systems range.  How can I extend the range of my Arlo system?

MDNZ
Guide
Guide
Thanks Shayne however I had already read that and it does not mention how you can extend the wireless range of an ultra base station. It mentions how you can reposition your base station but no bridge or extension. Is there any way to extend
KevinGlennon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have already moved the base twice. No imprvment
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@KevinGlennon

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

KevinGlennon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Reset chimes
Reset base
Relocated chimes
Relocated base
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@KevinGlennon

Thank you for the info. To help expedite the process, I would suggest contacting Customer Support and inform them of your current issue. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation