Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introducing the 2nd generation of the Arlo Video Doorbell, now offered in both 2K and HD options. While you’re away from home, running errands, working, or on vacation, you can count on the Arlo Video Doorbell to let you know what’s happening at your front door.

JamesC_0-1695145778769.png

JamesC_1-1695145778771.png

JamesC_2-1695145778772.png

Protect your door and more. Video Doorbell protects your front door with clear HD 1080P resolution, Night Vision, and Integrated Siren. Respond to visitors with 2-way audio or send a quick reply message.

·        HD Video Doorbell

·        Updated seamless Bluetooth onboarding

·        180° field of view

·        Built-in battery with new technology for long life

·        Night Vision

·        Sleeker form factor with newer battery technology

Protect your door and more with crystal-clear details. Video Doorbell protects your front door with crystal clear 2K resolution, Night Vision, and Integrated Siren. Respond to visitors with 2-way audio or send a quick reply message.

·        2K Video Doorbell

·        Updated seamless Bluetooth onboarding

·        180° field of view

·        Built-in battery with new technology for long life

·        Night Vision

·        Sleeker form factor with newer battery technology

Post a reply or visit Arlo Support if you have any additional questions or need more information about the Arlo Video Doorbell - 2nd Generation

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Community!

56 REPLIES 56
hpatel85
Aspirant
Aspirant

When will there be a fix for the horrible noise issue making the doorbell essentially useless for its intended use when actually trying to talk to someone at the door.

1starlo
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, I just purchased 2 video doorbells (2k, 2nd G), and the Smarthub VMB4540.  Will these work together, or do I need to return them?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@1starlo wrote:

Hi, I just purchased 2 video doorbells (2k, 2nd G), and the Smarthub VMB4540.  Will these work together, or do I need to return them?

The 2nd gen cameras (and doorbells) do not support smarthubs yet.  Arlo says they will add that feature, but haven't said when.

mrodrigu74
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I have exactly the same problem. How you fix it? I have the last version of Arlo Secure in both my iPhone 14 Pro and my iPad and the Video Doorbell 2nd Generation does not appear in the App to start installation. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mrodrigu74,

Where are you located? Arlo Essential 2nd generation devices are not available for onboard in all regions.

JamesC

McCormack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wish I'd have read this first, mine was stole just before I found out my trial was up n didn't get footage of the thieving swine....

gIr0d
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC regarding the local storage capability for the Doorbell 2, is it possible to get on a list to know when its available or do you have any details if it comes this or next year? I assume Arlo has a software/firmware release planning where they list out the features etc. they deliver.

Plus maybe you can check if the local storage videos can ever appear in the Feed section please?

Thanks