Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding a second user with grant access

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stabilator
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that pairing a 2nd mobile phone with my Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Gen may not be possible.  I do see in the owner's manual I can grant access to a friend, but nothing about pairing a 2nd phone.  I would like my wife to be able to use her mobile phone to answer the doorbell and respond just as I can, basically do anything I can.  Does granting her access as a "friend" allow her to get the same notification/calls and ability to respond as I do when someone rings the doorbell?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stabilator,

On the admin account, if you navigate to Settings > People > does it show the invitation as pending? If so, that means the invitation was not successfully accepted. Use the link in the invitation email to log in to the shared account or delete the invitation and re-invite to try again.

After the invitation is accepted and no longer shows pending on the admin account under Settings > People, you will need to change the location in the friend account to the shared location to view the shared devices, for more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062808/How-do-I-switch-my-Location-in-the-Arlo-Secure-App

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stabilator wrote:

Does granting her access as a "friend" allow her to get the same notification/calls and ability to respond as I do when someone rings the doorbell?

Yes.

Have her accept the invitation on a PC - that works better than doing it on a phone or tablet.  Clicking on "create account" will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  From there she either creates an account (if she doesn't have one) or logs into her existing account.

Stabilator
Aspirant
Aspirant

This isn't going well.  I did the invite, created her account.  Added location info as prompted.  But for devices, nothing is there to access, says no devices and no plans for this area.  Tried to add devices, but it wants to pair them with devices.  Per my original message, it's my understanding we cannot pair another cell phone to the Arlo devices.  Tried to delete location info, but system won't display the option to do so.  Tried deleting the text from location, but it keeps popping back up, won't let me delete anything.  Tried changing the location name but doesn't work either.  I think someone from Arlo will need to call me and walk me through this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stabilator wrote:

I think someone from Arlo will need to call me and walk me through this.

You can try using phone support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stabilator,

On the admin account, if you navigate to Settings > People > does it show the invitation as pending? If so, that means the invitation was not successfully accepted. Use the link in the invitation email to log in to the shared account or delete the invitation and re-invite to try again.

After the invitation is accepted and no longer shows pending on the admin account under Settings > People, you will need to change the location in the friend account to the shared location to view the shared devices, for more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062808/How-do-I-switch-my-Location-in-the-Arlo-Secure-App

JamesC

Stabilator
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!!  Pending, not accepted yet was the issue.  Went to the invitation email, logged in, and it finished.  We had already set up the location, so everything just fell into place and worked like a charm.  Still have to see if her phone rings when the doorbell is used.  I'm guessing it will ring to both phones, don't know yet and will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thanks again!!