Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
alexvas
Star
Star

Hi,

I'm the developer behind tinyCam Android app. Last month Arlo support was added into tinyCam Monitor app. It supports live view for all cameras like Arlo, Arlo Ultra, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Q, Arlo Go, Arlo Baby, Arlo Video DoorBell and allows playback Arlo Cloud recordings in the app.

It greatly increase the way your Arlo camera can be used with following unique features:

- Video recording (local storage, time-lapse, FTP/FTPS, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, ownCloud, Nextcloud).

- RTMP live streaming. You can stream your Arlo camera to Twitch.tv, Youtube Live, Facebook Live.

- A.I. object detection (person, pet, car) and face detection.

- Background/DVR mode (background recording and background motion detection). Not suitable for battery powered Arlo cameras though.

- Native TV UI (Android TV, Amazon Fire TV).

- Internal web server for remote recordings playback and live view. You can make Arlo cameras integration with home automation dashboards like Action Tiles.

- Widgets right on home Android screen.

- Up to 4 floating windows and picture-in-picture mode.

- Android Wear app. You can view Arlo camera on your Android Wear watches.

- Google Cast support. Show live view on any Google Cast device, like Android TV.

- Full Tasker integration.

Available on both Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore

https://tinycammonitor.com/

59 REPLIES 59
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested it here and only my Q camera will stream. I tried adding a camera to see if that helped but - nope. @alexvas 

Noonan05
Guide
Guide
Yup numbers in the square brackets
failmatic
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using an Nvidia shield pro. in camera status, I'm receiving 30 to 32 frames per second with drop frames of 100%. I tried all five channels of the five cameras I have, it's no good. I was able to view cloud recording, but not the livestream
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Everyone should use the tinyCAM app settings, choose Developer Options at the bottom and view the logs. At the bottom is a Send selection - use that to email the logs to @alexvas 

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
alexvas
Star
Star

Arlo moved to new servers. Now tinyCam does not work . Working on the fix.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ha!  The beta (4.3.3 beta 1) works fine.

Batter
Tutor
Tutor
How do you get that beta?
alexvas
Star
Star

Video for Arlo cameras should work in tinyCam 14.3.3 Beta available in Google Play beta channel.

Also Arlo Doorbell support has been added as well.

You can signup for beta testing here https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.alexvas.dvr.pro

Batter
Tutor
Tutor
The updated fixed my Arlo issue. Looking forward to getting Arlo door bell and adding that thanks to you.
Noonan05
Guide
Guide
Updated to Beta and all working thanks Alex.
ArloDitka
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is audio supported on the Arlo Baby and/or ArloPro 2?
When entering the Audio Settings within the camera settings, an error fades onto the bottom of the screen “Audio is not available for tour camera.“
alexvas
Star
Star

Audio is not available at the moment for Arlo. Will be added later.

Aubrey71
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I attempt to change the channel selection (in order to choose a different camera) it will not allow it, i.e. the channel can not be modified.

esplender
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried what you said, and I got a ¨Current authentication is not completed¨ Error 1187 message.

Any idea of how to fix that?

alexvas
Star
Star

You are using tinyCam 14.3 right (check app drawer upper left corner)? The issue is fixed in tinyCam 14.4 which will be available for download within a couple days.

alexvas
Star
Star

tinyCam 14.4 brings Arlo 2FA support and Arlo cloud view as timeline. Enjoy!

Screenshot_20200619-134731.png

alexvas
Star
Star

tinyCam 14.5 brings 1-w audio support for all Arlo cameras.

narehawk
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED  When adding my login info for tinycam it the ask for my 2FA passcode but Im not getting anything sent to my email or text like selected under my 2FA setting in the arlo app. Anyone else having this issue or have a work around this?

Jbui1980
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello so I have 3 fire stick 4K I’ve set up my tiny cam pro app with my Arlo cameras and worked just fine up until last week one of the fire sticks is now asking for 2fa passcode how do I retrieve that if anyone can help thanks
Jbui1980
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yea I’m getting same issue it worked for one of my fire TVs but won’t send to my other 2
Chatydadi
Aspirant
Aspirant
My username and password won't work on tiny cam. It ask for 2fa and I enter the numbers but it won't go past that.
Chatydadi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cameras won't link with tiny cam. It ask for 2fa I enter numbers then it asks for username and password I enter that but I can't get past it.
alexvas
Star
Star

@Chatydadi Could you contact me (tinyCam dev) by app support email for troubleshooting?

alexvas
Star
Star

Please contact tinyCam app developer by email for troubleshooting.