Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

tinyCam Android app now fully supports Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
alexvas
Star
Star

Hi,

I'm the developer behind tinyCam Android app. Last month Arlo support was added into tinyCam Monitor app. It supports live view for all cameras like Arlo, Arlo Ultra, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Q, Arlo Go, Arlo Baby, Arlo Video DoorBell and allows playback Arlo Cloud recordings in the app.

It greatly increase the way your Arlo camera can be used with following unique features:

- Video recording (local storage, time-lapse, FTP/FTPS, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, ownCloud, Nextcloud).

- RTMP live streaming. You can stream your Arlo camera to Twitch.tv, Youtube Live, Facebook Live.

- A.I. object detection (person, pet, car) and face detection.

- Background/DVR mode (background recording and background motion detection). Not suitable for battery powered Arlo cameras though.

- Native TV UI (Android TV, Amazon Fire TV).

- Internal web server for remote recordings playback and live view. You can make Arlo cameras integration with home automation dashboards like Action Tiles.

- Widgets right on home Android screen.

- Up to 4 floating windows and picture-in-picture mode.

- Android Wear app. You can view Arlo camera on your Android Wear watches.

- Google Cast support. Show live view on any Google Cast device, like Android TV.

- Full Tasker integration.

Available on both Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore

https://tinycammonitor.com/

59 REPLIES 59
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Confused.  How does one add the Arlo cameras? I see you have Smartthings selected - is that needed?

alexvas
Star
Star

You need to add Arlo cameras right into tinyCam Android app to get those features.

No, SmartThings is not needed. There is no way to post to 'Partner Integrations' unless some weird tag selected.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I supposedly added a camera (not sure how to define which camera so I just used a name, Ultra neighbors, that is how it's named for Arlo). I keep getting "Arlo camera service failed" although I've verified the login credentials. Is there a trick to how to define which camera to view?

alexvas
Star
Star

Are you using 2FA for your Arlo account. 2FA is not supported at the moment. Will be fixed within a month. For now as a hack I would recommend to create another Arlo account without 2FA and share that camera with newly created account.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No 2FA here - it interferes with the Python script I use to download videos every day.

alexvas
Star
Star

Could you drop an email to app support and provide your app logs (app Settings - Developer Settings - Read App Logs) for troubleshooting?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Done. I sent screenshots yesterday and just sent the log.

Scruder
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't get it. How do you add Arlo cams to Tinycam?
alexvas
Star
Star

Just select 'Add IP camera, NVR/DVR' in Manage Cameras window. Then select Arlo as Camera Brand and specify your Arlo email as Username and Arlo password as Password. If you have multiple Arlo cameras, then in Advanced Settings set Channel to 2, 3, etc.

Batter
Tutor
Tutor
Has 2FA been fixed?
alexvas
Star
Star

Yes, 2FA implemented in the latest tinyCam update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, I found my issue with this app not working properly. The display of cameras shows the channel each camera is supposed to be seen on but I'm either blind or there's little or no documentation as to how to use that display. Once I used the proper channel it works as advertised. 

Batter
Tutor
Tutor
What did you have to do to get to display correctly?
Thanks
Batter
Tutor
Tutor
Just tried to setup first Arlo Cam and I’m getting an error 1187. What am I doing wrong?
🙏
Batter
Tutor
Tutor
I closed tinycam pro app and restarted and got connected with ability to see all three cameras within tinycam pro app. Now when I enter IP address my camera names show up but no video feed. My IP address starts with 10. Not sure if that will help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't use IP address or search the network since Arlo's WiFi connections aren't accessible. To add the cameras, I found that you set up for Arlo (select it from the list which sets model and protocol automatically), call it what you want and put in your Arlo username and password. Now go back to Live View which tries to get the view going but likely fails. When it fails, you get a list of cameras based on your login. The number in the square brackets to the left is the channel for your particular camera. Use that channel number and go back to Manage cameras, click on the camera and scroll down to the bottom to Advanced Settings. Enter the channel number there and you should then be able to see the live view.

There may be other ways to do this but that's what I've found to work.

AlexBurrows
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does the video doorbell work with tinycam pro yet? I'm trying to add it, but it doesn't recognize it.
Noonan05
Guide
Guide
Been trying to connect this today. I can login and see my cloud recordings but can see any Livestreams. When I click camera status I can see all the channels of my cameras but they won't play at all.

Any ideas?

I heard apparently yesterday Arlo updated to HTML5 would this be affecting it?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Changes to the web site won't affect this.

Have you assigned the proper channels to your cameras? The number at the beginning of each camera identified in the list of cameras is the channel.

AlexBurrows
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm Aldi having trouble seeing the stream for the candera that tinycam did see. I do have the right channel. But still can't get my doorbell to connect to tinycam
Noonan05
Guide
Guide
Yeah I have 5 cameras, I have tried all the channels, can't get any to show up.

They all show 100% dropped frames
Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too have 3 active cameras. None will show live feed. Set the channels to each of them but no feed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to be clear, the channels you set them to were the ones listed in the square brackets, right?

Play_Man
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem seeing the video in the stream I have data coming in, frame rates but no output on video at all. I only have one camera connected but it shows channel one and channel two. Channel one is the only one that I have data coming in. But still no video.