Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

I'm trying to link my Google Home Assistant devices (Chromecast and Google Home Hub) to my 3 Arlo cameras. I was able to link my Arlo Account in the Google Home app, and the camera names show, but when you attempt to open a camera it says "Not Responding".
I've tried unlinking and relinking my Arlo Account multiple times and it still will not work.
Why won't this work?

310 REPLIES 310
Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just tried my google home and my Arlo Cameras are now working and will display my Arlo Pro cameras with no problem.
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

@Mdterps wrote:
Just tried my google home and my Arlo Cameras are now working and will display my Arlo Pro cameras with no problem.

Working here too.

RichSob
Tutor
Tutor
I spent a good 40 mins on the phone to them this afternoon going through different scenarios. Only one of my cameras was not streaming, the other was fine. I have just tried also and both are now working!!! Finally Arlo has listened!!
qnyla
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine are now working also. Somebody fixed something. Good. I hope it is stable.
Comingback
Tutor
Tutor
Mine is also working. Now let's keep it that way, letting people know the status and practice doing it a little quicker. Thanks arlo.
ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide
Mine has been intermittent for the last 2 days. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's the same with trying to stream it to Chromecast.
Jakehann
Tutor
Tutor
Still not working for me. I keep getting “Failed to load stream”
BriscMoy
Star
Star

What Hardware version do you have?

Software rolled out for H4 (on RArlo Pro 2) first and then H3... 

Can others who have the issue resolved reply with your hardware version. You find it under device info in the settings for each device.

Comingback
Tutor
Tutor

Just started working on Smartthings and Google Home/Chromecast for me. Here are my versions:

Base Station: VMB4000r3 Firmware: 1.12.0.1_27940

Arlo Pro 2 Cameras: H3 Firmware: 1.125.11.4_29092

Arlo Q: VMC3040r6 Firmware: 1.9.0.0_269

Previously no cameras worked and now both the Pro 2 and the Q are working. Knock on wood. I hope others have had the same luck but understand everyones unique in one aspect or another.

slombard3000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine just started working! 

abalila
Tutor
Tutor
Greeeeeaat. So those of us who got suckered in to the Black Friday camera set and base get to sit back and wait until the fancy $500+ dollar systems get fixed first. Stellar first impressions Arlo. Really fantastic. Way to motivate me to keep buying.
GeraldLaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo 2 pro cameras here. After the little app update today they are working and streaming to both my Lenovo smart home and tv via chrome cast. 

djg41882
Guide
Guide

Pretty dissapointed that the original cameras will not be supported for Google intergration. Bought four cameras and two base stations when they first came out at about a $500 investment and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Why on earth would a company not support their product that is only a coule of years old? I'll give it a litte more time to see if Arlo comes around but if they give me no choice I will move on. I praised Arlo in the begining to friends, who also bought their products, but now it may be that I give my hard earned money elsewhere.

Fun4stuff
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do you get the update? When I go in to view my firmware version for my arlo pro2 cameras and base station it says version 1.12.0.1_27940 and that there are now updates available.

edit: it appears i have latest versions

Jakehann
Tutor
Tutor
I can’t figure get out either. Arlo’s support team says that it should update automatically overnighttb but it doesn’t. And it says No Updates Available when I select the device. Not sure what to do here.
BriscMoy
Star
Star
Spoiler
I noticed the update available message when I logged in one morning. I then selected to download and install for both the base station and camera. The software for the H4 camera variant came out first, followed by H3 about 4 days later. No idea when the software for other variants will be released.
Parzival
Guide
Guide

I went in and had to manually update my iPhone app, no other changes for firmware or anything in the app, and all my Arlo Pro 2 cameras worked on my Google Home Hub!!!!!

GeraldLaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

For those asking about updating.....all I can tell you is that there was an app update on both my android phone and iPad. There was no firmware update that I could see or push to the cameras or base station. When my apps were updated the cameras suddenly worked. I have no idea if some over the air update occurred happened or what but they now work. I have the Pro 2 system. Sorry I can’t offer more help or explanation. 

lascott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Despite assurances from Arlo that a solution has been found, the below solution does not work.

Anyone else having troubles seeing the live feed of their arlo cameras on Google Home?

Arlo's website says it's compatible wiht Google Home.  Given the shear number of posts on this very topic, I would say this is inflated advertising at best.  

Sincerely

LAScott

Re: Google Home Linking not working
I had the exact same issue. No matter how many time I linked the service to google home, Arlo would never show back up under devices after I had to reset the speaker. So I went back to devices to add Arlo and hit declined authorization ( not sure if necessary). Then went into my Arlo app renamed my cameras by adding a 1 after every camera name. Then went back into the google home app / home control / devices to link Arlo. Now this time after linking the two a device page came up with the Arlo cameras and their new device names (front yard1, door1,etc..). However instead of now adding the cameras to google home, I went back to Arlo and removed the 1 and re added back to the google home app under home control / devices. This time the cameras showed up again after linking and now had the apporiate name and now show under my devices / home control from the google home app. Everything working fine now. I’m not sure why this worked but no matter what I did before it would never show. After a simple camera rename in the Arlo app and then link to the google home app

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I think it was only yesterday that Smartthings and Amazon Echoes could see the Arlo streams again after being broken for quite some time. Perhaps it's something that will get sorted in the next few days

Amp726
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will these become something that's supported?
maxito
Aspirant
Aspirant

@GaryRoyale wrote:

Spent a good month trying to get the API to connect through Google Home to find that the original Arlo wirefree camera isn't supported. Does anyone know if it will be supported going forward at some point? Or should I consider other options? 

Hi,

Are young saying the original Arlo cameras are OFFICIALLY not supported and that I can stop trying everything I can, spending hours logging, unlogging, change names and whatever I read on the web?

Thx

MonkeyMagik
Aspirant
Aspirant
yes. I'm getting the same issue. I'm starting to suspect this advertised feature doesn't work.
Alfie64
Star
Star

For the last 3 months supposed "tech support" keeps saying that the problem with getting Arlo Pro 2 to correctly link to Google Home (so we can watch cameras on Chromecast or Home Hubs) is "being looked into".  How hard is it to get this fixed?  It worked great a year ago then you all did updates that broke the connection and now watching Arlo on Chromecast is impossible to do. 

Someone in Arlo tech can you PLEASE shed light on this issue and what exactly is being done to fix it??  I've tried getting it worked for weeks and nothing works.

PLEASE ARLO...respond with a non canned answer. 

Thanks!

olovesz
Initiate
Initiate

This issue has not been fixed yet - its been months.  I still cannot connect my arlo and google hub.please help