Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

I'm trying to link my Google Home Assistant devices (Chromecast and Google Home Hub) to my 3 Arlo cameras. I was able to link my Arlo Account in the Google Home app, and the camera names show, but when you attempt to open a camera it says "Not Responding".
I've tried unlinking and relinking my Arlo Account multiple times and it still will not work.
Why won't this work?

310 REPLIES 310
Vette95
Guide
Guide

So, although my interaction with their chat service was yesterday, I just got an email about 2 hours ago about my case:

Here is the content of the email:

Case #: 40631972
Case Summary: Camera showing not responding error when asking google assistant to stream camera
Product: VMC4030

Update from Arlo:
Hi Jose,

Thank you for contacting Arlo support via chat. This is Lyn again from Arlo technical support. I am happy that I was able to assist you today.

We sincerely apologize about the inconvenience, Jose. For your reference, here is your case number, 40631972. We will be leaving the case open until the issue is resolved.

Should you need any help from us, please do not hesitate to contact us through Chat/Phone/E-mail.

It was a pleasure assisting you. Once again thank you for choosing ARLO. Take care and have a great day!

Best regards,

Lyn
Expert ID: 46317
ARLO Support

Vette95
Guide
Guide

Apparently they ARE aware of the issue:

Case #: 40631972

Case Summary: Camera showing not responding error when asking google assistant to stream camera

Product: VMC4030

Update from Arlo:

Hi Jose,

Good day!

This is Perflor from Level 2 Technical support. Your case has been escalated to me, I will do my best to resolve your case and appreciate your patience.

After reviewing your case history and with the information you provided, please be informed that currently this is a known issue for Arlo and Google Assistant. Our engineers are already aware of this issue and are currently working hard to find a fix for this issue. We will provide you updates as soon as the fix for this issue has been released.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Perflor
Expert ID: 8340
ARLO L2 Support

grechie
Tutor
Tutor
Update from google

GoogleHome
Hi Matthew,

Good day!

Apologies that I was able to reach out only now.

I've had our case checked and our concern is actually related to a bug we're currently investigating.

We've received reports of the same issue and we're on top of finding the fix.

I'll let you know as soon as we do.

I don't have the exact time when we'll get this resolved, but the team's already working on it and should be done soon. I'll let you know.

Sincerely,
Sarah

djg41882
Guide
Guide

Can you say POS without Google integration 

Vette95
Guide
Guide
So, from those 2 responses, are we to understand that both Netgear and Google are assuming responsibility for this issue?
lawhawk84
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got a google home hub for Christmas. I understand the original arlos are not supported but my arlo qs dont work on the app or the hub either. I just get a message saying it wouldn't load. Please tell me after nearly a month there is a fix for this? Very disappointing.
Tmack227
Tutor
Tutor

Went through extensive troubleshooting with Arlo and sent tons of screenshots of errors, app versions and so forth.

Still no fix in sight and it borders false advertising, I'm sure like myself many people purchased Arlo for its Google Home integration.

I'm loosing hope as my final return date approaches.

I ordered a couple Logitech circle 2 cameras as a back up " Just in case" this Arlo system has to go back.

So disappointed in Arlo/Netgear

GKan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
I have successfully linked the cameras to Google Home but when I access the camera it says not responding. Going back to Arlo app I can see that the cameras were accessed when I tried with Home but can't get it to stream on Google Home and comes up with 'Not Responding'. Have unlinked and gone through the process but no joy. Screenshot attached.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Gkan
ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide

Between this issue and the issues with my notifications from the arlo cameras taking 5+ minutes to get to my phone, I'm nto sure why I wasted money on these POS cameras. 

astella
Aspirant
Aspirant

Original Arlo camera not showing video stream in Google Home app, and not able to pull up video of front door/driveway when saying "ok google show me the front door". I have original Arlo cameras, base station #VMB3500r4. I have successfully added them to the google home app and they show up as devices.

redroddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was there a solution to this? I am having exactly the same problem. Linked, unlinked and re-linked same problem. I can view my cameras through the Arlo app.

kmarwitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did anyone solve the "Failed to load stream" issue with Google Home?

ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide
Nope, it's broken just like everything else with these cameras.
Comingback
Tutor
Tutor
For arlos sake I hope they improve their support in 2019. This is a huge slap in the face to their customers. I have been looking at other options now based on their SLOW response to fixing this issue. I'm just glad mine wasn't for a christmas gift only to find out it doesn't work and my excitement turn into sadness and frustration.
Slattlemook
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. Tried rebooting reconnecting, etc. Still no dice. I have 2 arlo pro cams and 1 pro 2 cam. The Google home app makes it seem like everything is connected, until I try to get the feed from the cam then I get the "not responding" message on a black screen.
RichSob
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue. Have you resolved this and if so, how?
Any assistance would be appreciated. The real disappointment is that it did work originally then suddenly stopped!
TX31101
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is support for original Arlo cameras going to be added to Google Home/Assistant in the future?
TX31101
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also, just tried the “sync all devices” in Google Home app and got “an error occurred when syncing Arlo.”
kev50
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have same system but cant even connect to google home

dmbitz
Initiate
Initiate
I have the original arlo cameras which I think are not yet supported on google home. I am hopeful they soon will be.
ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide
Lol,. Arlo can't even make it work with the pros and the pro 2s. Good luck with the original Arlo cams.
bjoornen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no streaming but what about the push notice ??? like 30 minutes late evertime 
at least that worked before but not now... solve this NOW 

Jason_Treeby
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any update on this? I am unable to stream via my google home assistant any of my Arlo cameras. It’s attached all okay and linked - however it won’t stream at all?
grechie
Tutor
Tutor
I spoke with someone senior at google yesterday after numerous complaints. They advised it’s an issue with Netgear and Netgear are well aware of the issues as there are numerous complaints. Netgear did an update that broke the HACAST function with Google about a month ago and need to resolve. Google are providing support to Netgear but it’s solely with Netgear to resolve.
ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide
Of course there is no update. Arlo doesn't respond to any issues. Been waiting a month for a response to the fact it takes 10 minutes to get motion notifications. This thread has had daily reports of the problem for a while and not a peep from Arlo.