Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

I'm trying to link my Google Home Assistant devices (Chromecast and Google Home Hub) to my 3 Arlo cameras. I was able to link my Arlo Account in the Google Home app, and the camera names show, but when you attempt to open a camera it says "Not Responding".
I've tried unlinking and relinking my Arlo Account multiple times and it still will not work.
Why won't this work?

310 REPLIES 310
sluk
Tutor
Tutor

Re-tried the next day and the streaming finally works. I didn't even change any settings. They might have corrected the issue. 

kodiac
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the exact same problem with my Arlo wireless system. I was able to stream this in the past, but now I am unable to pull this up in the Google home app - getting "not responding". I'm also unable to stream on TV. Tried to unlink, link, and sync devices. All not working. Seems to be a problem between Arlo and Google API connection. 

brizzo
Star
Star
I finally got everything to work last night, after contacting Google. They told me to tell my Google home device to “sink all devices”. After I did that a few times, everything worked 100%
Fun4stuff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Works for me too now
Fun4stuff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well not working now... system seemw to be going dow.n/back up often
Parzival
Guide
Guide

I tried this and still no success.  This is so maddening, it's the only reason I bought the home hub.  Get your **bleep** together Arlo, this is seriously bush league.  You can't be a serious player if you can't even get your stuff to work with Google!

Fun4stuff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yeah no kidding. We already had the Lenovo smart display so this was the main reason we went with Arlo. Otherwise we would have went with less expensive 4k IP cameras. Still may return the Arlo, actually
dcesquire
Guide
Guide

This seems to have resolved itself for me.  It must have been something on the backend because I did exactly what I did before to try to link the accounts.    It's been wonky though so hopfully the change is stable.

Like others we went w/ Arlo Baby cam because we have Google Assistant and wanted to be able to stream the crib on our TV while we eat a meal in the dining room!

kodiac
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to link the Arlo account this afternoon, but still does not work on the TV or in the Google Home App when I attempt to stream. When I do this activity on Alexa/firestick - works fine. This seems to be a Google/Arlo issue. I opened a support case but so far I've not seen any reply. 

kodiac
Tutor
Tutor

I tried "Sync all devices" and google says it couldn't connect to Arlo even after unlinking and linking up again. 

BriscMoy
Star
Star

Just setup my Arlo Pro 2 - have the same issue - getting error ‘failed to load stream’ with google home. Worked when I was setting it up, but now that it is all in place I am getting this error. Have Google home hub arriving in the next day or so - this was the primary reason for purchasing the Arlo 2

Parzival
Guide
Guide

Yup, it's 100% why I went with Arlo (Google Home Hub) and I'm very disappointed it isn't working.  How do we open a ticket, maybe we should get as many people as we can to open tickets about this!

dcesquire
Guide
Guide

I'll check tonight to see if I have the same issue. 

Good idea about ticket.  How do we open one online?

KIING25
Initiate
Initiate
I just bought the Arlo pro 2 and have set up everything successfully. I came across the idea that you can control the cameras with google assistant. ( pretty cool) However, when I try, I get an error message which reads, " it looks like the stream is currently unavailable from the driveway" If I login to the app the stream works perfectly. Is anyone else having these issues?
bibibobibo
Initiate
Initiate

it must have something to do with the Arlo backend servers. For instance, I was able to use Google Home app on my Android phone to view the Arlo cameras yesterday and early today. Right now it stopped working. Basically, if your can view the Arlo camera streams from your Google Home app on the phone, you should be able to do it on the Google Home hub as well (my Google Home hub can't load the Arlo camera streams right now nor is my phone). I think it's just not consistently working right now.

Sh3istyone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue here. Sync’d But just says “failed to load stream”. Was the reason for getting the home huh and Arlo. Please help, anybody.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Our development team is looking into the issue where some users are unable to stream and failing to load the stream through the Google Assistant and is currently investigating. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We appreciate your patience.

Parzival
Guide
Guide

Thank you @JessicaP!  I love everything else about my Arlo system, I figured this was just a backend software issue.  Can't wait for it to be resolved!

If you all need any help troubleshooting or testing, I'd be happy to help!

dcesquire
Guide
Guide
Yes, it connected to Google Assistant the other night but it can't stream to Chromecast and when I unlinked account it won't let me relink. Something is definitely off still.
RGill
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue. It linked fine but will not stream on chromcast or on mobile device using the Google Assistant. Only works on Arlo App. Cannot wait for it to get resolved. 

oliversato
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also getting the same error message "Failed to load stream"with Google Home app and Google Home Hub with Arlo Pro 2. Tried "hey google sync all devices". Everything else syncs except Arlo, "an error occured when syncing Arlo".

richrok1
Initiate
Initiate
So the model VMS3430-100PAS won't work? Bestbuy is selling that model and says it works with alexa and google home
liynus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hope this issue gets more attention.

I was able to link it finally.

1st asked Google Home to "Sync"

then I added the cameras by logging into Arlo through the Google Assistant app. Didn't realize that you have to wait a few seconds after hitting done until the "circle" is complete and they ask you to "place rooms" for the cameras. The first time it didn't take, and the second time the phone screen slept, so I made sure to tap o the screen until the synching was finished. The issue now is that getting the stream was not realiable when asking the Google Home, I had to go into the Arlo Pro app and nuged the cameras, perhaps activate them before the Google Home could stream them on a Chromecast. Hope that helps the Arlo Pro team work out the issues.

tarmistead
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here.  I've tried everything listed in this thread with no luck.

Patiently waiting...

tarmistead
Tutor
Tutor

When I tried "sync all devices" I was getting an error saying that "Roku sync failed".  I unlinked my Roku account, did another "sync all devices", and was then able to Link my Arlo account.  It took another "sync all devices" before I could stream from the cameras.

And now a new problems.   I have a Arlo Pro base, with Arlo Pro and Arlo cameras.  I can stream from the Arlo Pro cameras now, but not from the Arlo (older model) cameras.  For the older model camera, I get "it looks like stream is not available" or just a black screen with "Smart Home Camera" text in the middle of the screen.