Following the instructions outlined here to a tee. Try as I might, I am unable to connect Google Assistant to my Arlo account.
At step "7. Sign in with your Arlo account.". After signing into my Arlo account, an "Account now linked" webpage appears in simple text for barely a tenth of a second before I am returned to the selection of smart device brands and a message appears briefly (about half a second) at the bottom of my phone screen stating "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection." see screenshot below.
I have tried renaming all my Arlo Cameras and the Hub to simple one-word labels.
I have also tried deleting my entire Google Home profile and setting it up from scratch.
I have tried dropping my phone off the wifi network and onto cellular to perform the account sync.
I have reset and reconnected my Chromecast (Gen 1).
Everything is setup fairly stock standard and all on the same network.
The firmware on all devices are 100% up to date.
It's really starting to frustrate me and I'm starting to wonder if the issue is more widespread at the moment?
Fully working Google home, everything is fine.
Bought Arlo kit today, set it up, everything working fine. Updated base and cameras.
Go to Google home > add > add a set up device > Arlo > authorise.... I get the white screen saying it has linked.... then a small error pops up “something went wrong”
Rang Arlo customer suppport > the worst outsourced support I have seen. Got speaking to the agent and they straight up confessed to having full access to the Arlo accounts - wouldn’t say if they could see cameras. But absolutely no security.... you can just ring up, give them the email address and they will discuss the account. Take away here is just don’t bother ringing support.
Is this what Arlo is? Is this why I chose a mainstream model over an Amazon/Chinese knock off?
Siccome ho anche Alexa Echo Spot, con questo funziona tutto. Riesco a vedere il video in diretta. Quindi non dovrebbero esserci problemi di ip, rete, etc.
Echo funziona con le skill dei vari produttori che si possono istallare dall'app Alexa, mentre Google home le ha incorporate nella sua app.
Probabilmente è un problema di Arlo verso le api di Google home.
Speriamo risolvano presto.
I am seeing this issue too. I setup a google home and saw issues with getting cameras to stream two days ago. Then it worked in the morning. Today it stopped working and after chatting with Google support they have asked me to remove the account and now I can't add it again.
I've tried all the same things and am having the exact same issue. I cannot link my Arlo Cameras or base station to Google Home / Assistant. I've tried on iOS and Android both give me an error after the allow access page.
After an hour on chat with Google support, I think I got the girl I was working with to report the issue. I am in Mountain View and I joked that I could go to Google heaquarters and get them to reboot the internet.
For those who have had Google home and Arlo connected for a while does this happen often or is it pretty stable? I am strongly considering revamping my home automation platform with Google Home and I want to understand what I am getting into. Thanks.
So...... I just successfully added my Arlo account to Google Home / Assistant.... Don't know what changed but when I tried to view a camera stream from the Google Home app I get the "Failed to load stream" error......
I simply waited a day and the issue was resolved for me, and for many others.
So try it tomorrow and hopefully it's fixed by then. I don't think Netgear are even aware that this issue occurs from time to time, or they're refusing to admit it.
Found this thread after beating my head agaist the wall for half a day. The problem that was originally reported is "back" at least for me. I had had this working before but did some cleanup of my devices on Google Assistant and unlinked my Arlo account from it. Now I'm unable to get it link back. Symptoms are the same as the OT reported. This appears to be on Arlo's (Netgear) side as I'm also able to link my Samsung SmartThings to Arlol but the video stream is not available. I believe the Google Linking and the unable to stream from SmartThings are a related issue on Arlo's 3rd party API access. I'm hoping they fix this again soon.
When my Arlo was linked with Google Home, streaming to my TV(s) would work interrmittently. Today I unlinked Arlo, and tried to relink it, after I replaced a defective Arlo Pro camera. Google Home asked me to "Allow" it to access my Arlo account info and when I clicked Allow it said it was "linking your arlo accoun," only to return to the Manage Accounts screen w/o having linked it. I really don't think it's Google Home as all my other (6) third party accounts are still linked and working fine. So what's the deal?
Frankly Arlo has been quite troublesome since I started using them almost a year ago. First batteries were draining like crazy, until they finally released a firmware update that seemed to have fixed the issue, then one of the Arlo Pros went blind in darkness (night vision defective). Now I can't link it to Google Home.
I have 5 arlo cameras, linked to arlo account.
Every time I try to link this account to google home it acts like it will link, but then doesn't.
I put in my arlo account and pw, and then it asks for okay to link to google.
It then says Linking.... spins an icon a bit, and then I get this message: "Couldn't update the settings. Check your connection."
Screen shot attached.
I saw some helps that claimed that renaming the cameras would help. It didn't.
Apple TV App
Arlo Mobile App
Arlo Pro 2
Arlo Q (Plus)
Before You Buy
Firmware Release Notes
IFTTT (If This Then That)
Modes and Rules
Online and Mobile Apps
Service and Storage