Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to share saved Arlo video on iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have saved a video from the Arlo app on my iPhone- when I try to share it I get an error message

i have searched and seen that this error has been present for several years. Will there ever be a resolution?

thanks

• IMG_0714.jpeg

36 REPLIES 36
Cdgee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I’m doing same thing as original poster. Downloading image or video from Arlo app to iPhone. Then trying to send it through text. Gives me same error as original poster. 

iPhone 14 Pro running 17.3.1. Never used to happen. Previously could download / save and send without an issue. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cdgee wrote:

Thanks. I’m doing same thing as original poster. Downloading image or video from Arlo app to iPhone. Then trying to send it through text. Gives me same error as original poster. 

iPhone 14 Pro running 17.3.1. Never used to happen. Previously could download / save and send without an issue. 

I had this issue once - in my case the problem was that my icloud storage was full.  Once I took care of that, the problem was resolved.

FWIW, once the video is successfully downloaded, the remaining steps have nothing to do with Arlo.

Cdgee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I don’t believe it is an iCloud capacity issue. FWIW as well I would not be weighing in here requesting help if BrookeN the Arlo Moderator had not previously indicated on this thread an ability to replicate the issue and had indicated that a follow up would happen. Basically the issue i am encountering when trying to share images is unique to Arlo derived images and when I saw this thread I thought hey maybe some folks could help. 

Wrigley_K9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue; regardless of having plenty of iCloud space available.

Cdgee
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a further update it’s only images that are taken manually (user turns on camera remotely, pushes camera button to take picture, downloads picture to device, and can’t share image due to error). Videos that Arlo takes are in fact able to be downloaded and shared without issue. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What iOS and what model are you on?

Cdgee
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone 14 Pro running 17.3.1 thanks. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you update the iPhone and see if the behavior is still seen?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cdgee wrote:

As a further update it’s only images that are taken manually (user turns on camera remotely, pushes camera button to take picture, downloads picture to device, and can’t share image due to error). Videos that Arlo takes are in fact able to be downloaded and shared without issue. 

FWIW, I just tried an image, that also works on my iphone.  (downloading it, and then emailing it).

The iPhone is currently running iOS 17.4.1.

Cdgee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brooke. 17.4 fixed it. Appreciate the help!

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi - just tested again with ios 17.4.1 and all works as it should 

Thanks for raising and clearing the issue.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome! Hope you have a great rest of your day!