Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jay169311
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have attempted multiple times by making sure all applications are running on the same version. Friends already have and account created and beside granting access multiple time. I am unable to see the cameras or the library feed on the invitee dashboard. I have attempted with 2 friends already and i came to the same resolution without seeing nothing on their respective phones. Is there something i am missing ? It shouldnt be that hard to invite a friend. Please advise 

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jay169311 wrote:

I have attempted multiple times by making sure all applications are running on the same version.

It's not about the app version, as the app has supported both user interfaces for many months now.

1. Are you seeing "Feed" in your app menu, or are you seeing "Library" instead?
  2. What are the Friend Accounts seeing?
Jay169311
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see “feed” she is seeing “Library”

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jay169311 wrote:

I see “feed” she is seeing “Library”

In order for the "Friend" feature to work, she needs to migrate her account to "Feed".

There are some downsides:

• The "Feed" interface has no custom modes.  She can modify the three built-in modes, but she cannot create new ones.
  • If she has a subscription and cameras on two or more properties, then she would need one subscription per locations. 
  • Scheduling and geofencing are more complicated, and people here have had trouble getting them to work properly.

If those are not issues for her, she can migrate to "Feed" by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5 camera.  That process will fail, since she doesn't actually have the camera.  But the workflow will migrate her account to "Feed" before she gets stuck.