Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tranceblast
Star
Star

Hi,
I Have one base (VMB4000) On that one I can activate the siren through IFTTT.
And on my other base (VMB4500) it's not possible to do that, the base won't show up in the recipe, why is that?

This is VMB4500 base. 

Screenshot_20200119_203512_com.ifttt.ifttt (2).jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Beckmn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

I have VMB4500 base station with arlo pro 2 cameras. I can't get ifttt to record. I have read that a firmware update for VMB4000 solved this for many of you. Any suggestions for VMB4500?

Thanks
Tranceblast
Star
Star

This is the VMB4000 baseScreenshot_20200119_203536.jpg

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Tranceblast,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Tranceblast
Star
Star
I have contacted the support but nothing happens, they should reply back within 48 hours but still no answer. Is it just me with this problem?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Tranceblast
Star
Star
Reply from arlo...

"As I understand your are facing some issue regarding Siren on your base station (VMB4500) throught IFTTT.
Unfortunately we no longer support IFTTT.
Please, contact IFTTT Support"

Seriously?!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Tranceblast,

We wanted to let you know that we still support IFTTT. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information in regards to your post.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is investigating reports of this issue where you are unable to see the VMB4500 to activate the siren on IFTTT. We will provide an update as soon as we hear any new information.

(UPDATE: 7/19/2020 - You should be now able to see the VMB4500 available to activate the siren on IFTTT. If you still don't see this option, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.)

JonathanE
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly the same issue so am very interested to see the reply.
The siren on the VMB4500 is pretty pathetic (only 90dB rather than the 100dB VMB4000 that was promised by the Amazon listing) but not being able to control it through IFTTT adds another level of frustration.
I assume this relates to teething troubles with the new model; do you have any idea when the IFTTT siren integration will be fixed?