Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
amyglen
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro Station stopped working with Apple HomeKit. I removed it and am trying to re-add it, but I keep getting stuck at "Discovering devices ...". Could I have a token reset? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi amyglen, bcmacman, Fellini, QuintusPre, IgnacioMZ, abd Sbalgobin,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
bcmacman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a token reset for HomeKit as well.  Do not have code to add Basestation to HomeKit.

Firmware 1.17.0.0_3953_6ba79e5

Hardware VMB4000r3

IOS  15.2.1

Fellini
Tutor
Tutor

I bought a SmartHub to connect my Arlo Pro 4 cameras to Apple HomeKit but when I try to configurate the HomeKit it's just spinning around, not getting any further. I've read the other threads about this and the problems seems to be solved using a token. I've tried all the other suggestions. 

VMB4540

A731147XA14F4

A41162DB2EAF

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary
Can you send a reset token to my Home hub VMB4000 so I can reconnect to HomeKit? Thanks!
IgnacioMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem... can you help us by resetting the token?
Sbalgobin
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi amyglen, bcmacman, Fellini, QuintusPre, IgnacioMZ, abd Sbalgobin,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

bcmacman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank-you, however HomeKit sees Arlo hub but even after Hub reset, still asks for a 8 digit Setup Code.  There is no code on hub, where do I get it?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to set up your Arlo system for Apple HomeKit through the Arlo app (refer to "To setup an Arlo camera without a setup code" on the linked article) and not through the Apple Home app.

bcmacman
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no 'Home Kit' option listed in Arlo app for iOS.IMG_0013.PNG

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary
Solved! Called support and they sent a reset token. Thanks. Not sure why this is necessary but I’m now up and running.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bcmacman wrote:

There is no 'Home Kit' option listed in Arlo app for iOS.IMG_0013.PNG

What base model do you have?

FWIW, I am seeing the HomeKit option on my iPhone 12 mini.

bcmacman
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB 4000

iPhone 13 Pro Max

amyglen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was the Arlo Pro base station added to HomeKit already? If so, try removing it from the Home app first ...

bcmacman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have done that.....still no Homekit option.

bcmacman
Aspirant
Aspirant

No base station in Homekit

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey bcmacman,

Make sure you have "Home Data" permission enabled for the Arlo app. You can do this by going to your iPhone Settings > Arlo > Toggle "Home Data" On.

Then go to the Arlo app and you should see HomeKit for your device and try setting it up from there.

bcmacman
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did it!!  Thank-you.