Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

All of my Arlo cameras have been showing “not responding” in Apple Home app as of 6/25/2023.

I’ve removed my Arlo hub from HomeKit but I’m unable to add it setup Arlo to HomeKit. When I try to run setup, it get stuck on discovering devices.

Can I please get a token reset so that I may be able to re-add my hub/cameras back to Apple

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of HomeKit not working with VMB5000 SmartHubs. We do not advise any troubleshooting on your part to attempt to resolve this issue at this time.

You can keep updated on this issue at status.arlo.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are continuing to work diligently toward a solution.

JamesC

158 REPLIES 158
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

doncarajo, arlouser3456, tqalexander

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

tqalexander
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reset JamesC, but it's not working.  The Arlo app just sits on the "Discovering your device. Please wait." screen.  I've done this in the past and usually as soon as you send a token reset it just comes to life. Not so much this time.

VMB4540r2
Firmware 1.21.0_1397_898b168
App version 4.5 (6272)
iOS 16.5.1

doncarajo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi again James. The token resets worked but now I have no response again. Any ideas?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the current firmware listed for my VMB5000r6 Base Station, but I am still unable to connect with HomeKit. How would I go about requesting a reset token for my device?

seadancer260
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I get a token reset pushed to my base station?  I also have a VMB4000 Base Station that will not connect to Homekit

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are we still experiencing this issue after the latest firmware releases?

seadancer260
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is hard to say because this is a brand new automation/integration path for me.  Before; I just used SmartThings and the Arlo app as a standalone without automation integrated.  I did have the cameras discovered in ST - but not leveraged.  So; I can't speak to whether I was able to get it to work with prior releases.

seadancer260
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to tack onto the previous message - I am using the latest releases on both Homekit and the Arlo Base Station.

tqalexander
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I am still experiencing the same issue with the following configuration:

VMB4540r2
Firmware 1.21.0_1397_898b168
App version 4.5 (6272)
iOS 16.5.1 (c)