Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SammyNZ
Star
Star

I know this applies to the Arlo Pro 2 as well but it would be great if there was further details on exactly what the HomeKit update will provide, typical execution (must be powered? Will work off battery?) etc.

Considering how long and how many requests for HomeKit have been posted on these forums I’m sure I’m not the only one after more details. 

And, I’m crossing fingers here, I hope it’s a complete re-write of the code base for the 4K video so we don’t carry the bad bits forward (i.e. pixelated video problems)

146 REPLIES 146
persianrunr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response - yes, I do see the cameras and can see snapshots updated but whenever trying to stream from the Home app, it'll sit there for a few seconds until it says "No Response This camera is not responding".

After selecting the camera in the Home app, I see the following in Terminal: 

[Arlo] prepareStream

[Arlo] handleStreamRequest

No errors in Terminal - just no video unfortunately. 

Scabbard
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo app now asking for permissions to access home data but cameras are not showing up. Any help? iOS Arlo Pro 2
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Anyone else today seeing the message pop up for homekit without home bride in the arlo app
DeeZuL
Aspirant
Aspirant
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I got it this morning after the Arlo app update.

It was asking to access the Home data, but nothing further happened after allowing it.

This is not the first time I’ve seen this. It popped up previously when Arlo added support for Arlo Baby.
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Baby has been out for a good while now, this has to be steps for pro pro 2 and ultra!
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Was wondering the same thing
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
I do hope you are right, but I just feel we are going to be disappointed and will continue to wait.
Technojames
Apprentice
Apprentice

I managed to get a ticket raised by going through the Australian office of Netgear.

The response so far from the US Support team is:

"Good Day!

We are still waiting to confirm the ETA for Homekit Support on Arlo Ultra and Pro 2 kits.

In the meantime, Homekit will be available initially on the Pro 2 Camera and base station SKU VMB4500. There will be a Homekit SKU sold in Apple stores directly and then support  for our existing customers who have Pro 2 Camera and base station SKU VMB4500. For existing customers they will require a Firmware update to setup homekit.

All other SKU’s will have homekit support bar the VMC3030.

Please let me know if you have any questions."

I have asked the following:

1. Why have they not shared this information with the community?

2. Where is the reference to the original Arlo Pro?

I'll keep you all posted.

markjericho
Star
Star

There was an iOS Arlo update the other day. After updating, it asked me for permission to write to the Home app. I can see in the Homekit privacy settings that Arlo now appears. However, I don't see anyway to connect my cameras to Homekit. I called support this morning and the opened a case to look into it. Apparently the frontline tech support team has no info. That's par for the course with Arlo support. Has anyone else figured out how to set this up to Homekit yet or have any further updates?

woodd00
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I went into the app this morning on my phone it asked if I would grant Arlo access to my Home data. I don’t think it has asked before. When I check my HomeKit privacy settings Arlo is now listed with access. Is this new & the next step to HK integration or has this been there & I didn’t notice? I’ve been anxiously waiting for this integration since I do so much with HomeKit. I don’t see Arlo in the HomeKit app yet though. I know it’s supposed to be coming in 2019 at some point. Thanks!
JoeBloe144
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Ultra and Arlo Pro 2 were supposed to get HomeKit integration during 1st quarter of the year (according to Arlo’s press release). The app asking for Home permissions is probably step one. Step two should be a firmware update to the cameras and base station. The firmware release is probably waiting on final approval from Apple. HomeKit requires certain levels of encryption, etc. and has to get approval from Apple so I’m hopeful that once they sign off on the firmware we’ll see the HomeKit integration go “live”. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for letting us know. We apologize for this inconvenience. The in-app popup message you received after the update is an error. We are currently working to resolve this issue immediately. Arlo Pro 2 and Ultra is not yet available on Apple HomeKit. We are actively working to launch this capability and will let you know when it’s available.

Technojames
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m glad you edited your post because nobody is “understanding” at all. That’s because you have not responded to numerous requests for information .

Arlo is a joke.
jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice

Product development and quality control are not their strongpoints, that's for sure.

LParp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased three Arlo Pro 2 cameras shortly after the HomeKit announcement, so hopefully they will actually come through on this (soon).

I had a nauseating thought today...  I sure hope their implementation of HomeKit doesn't require the cameras to be connected to AC power.  That would suck.

USMCZMANN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will there be HomeKit support/compatibility for the VMB3010r2 Base Station?
Also will it work with the VMC3040r6 cameras?

Technojames
Apprentice
Apprentice

And the standard Arlo Pro? As per your previous advice, is that being worked on?

soundtribe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I’m seriously wanting to know about this too. I would prefer to get HomeKit, instead of giving a class action. 😕
ManuelMP
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

In January of this year it was announced that Arlo Pro 2 would have support for HomeKit and that a firmware update would be made during Q1-2019. Yesterday we had an update "Arlo Pro 2 FW 1.125.13.0_31717" and in the release notes indicate: Bug Fixes.

Does anyone know if support for HomeKit will come some day?

A greeting.

Tinmansleftboot
Tutor
Tutor
It looks like Homekit access is here. See attachment.

I’ve just logged into my arlo app and it gives me the option to add my cameras to HomeKit.

I tried to link it all up but it just sits with the spinning wheel looking for my base station.
dsathe
Tutor
Tutor
Same here. I got the notification within the app to add cameras to my HomeKit. It says to update the device firmware first. I will try it out and post an update here
ManuelMP
Initiate
Initiate

Where does that screen appear? I have my mobile application on my iPhone but I do not see where it can be integrated

crazyitalian
Guide
Guide
It appeared for me as well, but wasn’t able to get my devices working with it. Will try again later today.