Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Awpdk
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

i am a long time Arlo customer and i use my Arlo Essentials as motion sensor in my smart home. I recently switched from Smartthings to Homey where i find that there is no integration between Homey and Arlo. The technical side of things are very do-able, and Arlo integrates nicely with other hubs. Can we perhaps expect Arlo to step up and help the growing user base of Homey users with an integration?

thank you

Anders

Best answers
34 REPLIES 34
Cimber
Guide
Guide

Commercials = power of roadmap priorities.

Yet, they could think more creatively and see Homey and other home automation clients as an opportunity to learn and explore security products that this segment of users (growing over time) would like. 

I hooked up Eufy cams and they work perfectly on the home automation flows I wanted to use Arlo for. So can only recommend going that way. 

frodeheg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, please add Homey support, it's a huge disappointment that they do not have an official driver...

Cimber
Guide
Guide

This has blatantly been ignored by Arlo/Verisure for two years now. Just move on. Eufy works like a charm! 

IMG_9744.png

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We appreciate your feature suggestion. I will pass this on to the development team. 

Ronny82
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have stopped buying more Arlo cameras, and will consider selling my existing ones if Homey support is not being enabled or an announcement of upcoming support soon is made.

This has been a request for several years, "passing it on to development team" is not good enough.

hot21shot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I second that, we definitely need this integration to be live.

I'm so disappointed I bought from Arlo.

parost
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any workaround to turn on/off the cameras depending on the status in Homey (someone is at home)?
I am thinking about moving from Smartthings, but this is a showstopper. Homey need to be able to turn off the cameras when I enter the house.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@parost wrote:

Homey need to be able to turn off the cameras when I enter the house.

No idea if Arlo will ever support Homey.

But one thing you could try instead is the geofencing feature in the Arlo app.

clmyers2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where did you find the app that will integrate arlo with homey I'm thinking about getting homie pro, but not sure because all of my cameras are arlo.

frodeheg
Aspirant
Aspirant

It says on this page that the Arlo cameras support IFTTT:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062278/What-smart-home-and-voice-assistant-systems-can-I-use-with-my-Arlo-dev...

That probably means that you can use the IFTTT app to connect the Arlo camera to Homey...

https://homey.app/no-no/app/com.ifttt/IFTTT/

Though, I have not tried, so I cannot say if it works or not. I may try it some time in the not to distant future though...