Apple HomeKit Set Up Failing => "Unable to Add Accessory"

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnHarp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo Basestation Model VMB4000r3 running firmware 1.21.1.0_4302_9611cf3 I'm attempting to adopt it into Apple Homekit: * Launch Arlo Secure iOS application * Select Devices tab at the bottom * Select SmartHub / Base Station / Bridge * Select HomeKit, Setup * Select the Basestation * Select my HomeKit Home * Select Default Room * Select Add to Home After a moment this error is displayed: "Unable to Add Accessory" "This accessory cannot be used with HomeKit" I've tried resetting the base-station back to factory default, restarting the Arlo Secure iOS App, restarting the phone, and removing the HomeKit home and re-creating it from scratch. Anything else I should try? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

JohnHarp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, that helped. Thanks for the quick response!