Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Homey support for Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
Awpdk
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

i am a long time Arlo customer and i use my Arlo Essentials as motion sensor in my smart home. I recently switched from Smartthings to Homey where i find that there is no integration between Homey and Arlo. The technical side of things are very do-able, and Arlo integrates nicely with other hubs. Can we perhaps expect Arlo to step up and help the growing user base of Homey users with an integration?

thank you

Anders

Best answers
34 REPLIES 34
Padi2013
Initiate
Initiate

Hello.
I have a Homey pro and run ultra camera as well as some pro 3 and doorbell. I have downloaded an app to add Arlo into Homey. But the problem is that Arlo is pushing for 2-step verification. The Arlo app for Homey has not been built for 2-step verification. So I wonder if Arlo can come up with a fix where we can choose 2 step verification or not. We must be able to add a user to the camera who only has the rights to see but not change anything and without 2-step verification.

steehl
Initiate
Initiate
I share this request. There are other companies that use 2-step verification that have made it possible to integrate with Homey. I think Arlo needs to build some kind of API for trusted devices.

Arlo team, have a look at athom.com. Homey is growing fast within the home automation crowd. Would be fantastic if Arlo could join the ride.
Hummelmose
Star
Star

I support this request. I have a lot of Arlo cameras and would love that HOMEY & Arlo played together. 

This could be solved with a trust token, or a flow function that notified when it was time to renew 2FA.

DaPadrePedro
Guide
Guide

I support this request as well!

angr
Star
Star

+1

Let's see Arlo integration in Homey please! 

ArloOzBirdy
Initiate
Initiate
Please add support.
Make 2fa optional please. This will enable the ability for the Homey App to be restored.
See hundreds of users affected from your mandatory 2fa.

https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-arlo-security-camera/14769/420?page=21
couscous
Initiate
Initiate
Yes please provide integration with Homey. Arlo is one of the last systems that I am not able to automate with homey and that is really frustrating. I just need a simple activate/deactivate action to go from a frustrated to a very happy customer 🙂
JPL_7004
Initiate
Initiate

I like my Arlo cameras, but as nothing happens about Homey integration, i'm currently evaluating other cameras as it is more important with integration to the rest of my house than having the best cameras.

So it would be nice with some kind of respond from Arlo/Verisure if we can expect integration within a close future.

ArloOzBirdy
Initiate
Initiate

**CALLING ARLO SUPPLRT TEAM**

Are you going to restore Athom Homey support??

"Please add support.

Make 2fa optional please. This will enable the ability for the Homey App to be restored

See hundreds of users affected from your mandatory 2fa

https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-arlo-security-camera/14769/420?page=21"..e=21

A lot of users are at the point of replacing old cameras and I for one will be moving away from Arlo if this support is not restored.  All these users are not asking a lot.  Just to enable two factor authentication on the Homey App to restore app. 

Awpdk
Tutor
Tutor

I second that. Please make it work. I have 12 Arlo cameras

Cimber
Guide
Guide

Agree! This should have been added long ago, but after Verisure acquisition it seems like Arlo became blatantly negligent to customers that are on home automation outside Verisure sphere. So time to sell off the six cams I have and go to something different. Been a year now in wait mode. Too bad, for cameras are awesome. 

Bergholtz
Aspirant
Aspirant

*BUMP* where is the Homey support for Arlo?

Cimber
Guide
Guide

It became non-grata in the backlog the moment Verisure turned Arlo into a weapon for selling alarm systems. Buy another brand which doesn’t use two years to fix two factor partner login…

JPL_7004
Initiate
Initiate

I will in a near future buy Eufycam to replace the Arlo cams. It seems to be the best option overall with integration to homey. As Arlo/Verisure not seems to join Matter functionality as well, there is not much value to keep the cameras and subscription from Verisure.

OddArne
Initiate
Initiate

Hi ARLO, 

Are you going to implement this.  I have soon been a 1 year customer, but I have already started to look on other solutions that do support the Homey. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For more information on the partner integrations supported by Arlo, take a look here; https://kb.arlo.com/000062278/What-smart-home-and-voice-assistant-systems-can-I-use-with-my-Arlo-dev...

I do not have any information about Homey support at this time. In the future, any new integrations will be posted on arlo.com. Keep an eye out there for announcements.

JamesC

Johanwiltvank
Initiate
Initiate

I fully support the request. But as I see it, Arlo has no interest in making this possible. So I will have to look for another brand of camera. 

Danie1
Initiate
Initiate

Bump.
Since there is a community integration available, this would require little effort for Arlo to work with the app developer to enable. Considering how much the Homey usage is growing, and how many of the users are powerusers, there is no valid reason to not put in a bit of effort to enable this. The value add of Homey is so high compared to other smart home systems, that users will rather switch out all their cameras than to switch home hub. This is something Arlo should consider.

Cimber
Guide
Guide

Yes! Arlo is too slow and with the price hike of 20% on subscriptions I will migrate to Eufy. It will just be more of this Verisurization coming. 😤🤯

Cimber
Guide
Guide

Update: Arlo subscription cancelled, 4 pro 3 for sale, Eufy working with Homey inbound! 🙂

SolumJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

If Arlo is not working with homey without going through IFTTT in the next couple of months i will cansle my subscription and replace my dorbell with a brand that works with homey pro…..

c0d3x
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please add support for Athom Homey!  🙏

All the other camera manufacturers are there already:

https://homey.app/no-no/apps/browse/#filter?query=camera&platform=local

You snooze, you loose Arlo!

Cimber
Guide
Guide

No need to wait.. They have no customer or business interest in doing the support after Verisure came in. The business case on acquiring Arlo was likely 1) to convert Arlo base to Verisure subscribers, and 2) aquire camera tech capabilities far outperforming what they had capabilities internally. 

Cancel and move on. 😉

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cimber wrote:

They have no customer or business interest in doing the support after Verisure came in. The business case on acquiring Arlo ...

FWIW, Verisure only acquired Arlo's European commercial operations.  That happened back in 2019.  

That said, I suspect Arlo won't implement support for Homey.