Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Expedy wrote:

On the Logi, the codes are inside the camera rim, very, very hard to read. I took a pic with my iPhone and zoomed in.

Re; swiping up. When your in your HomeKit app, as you know, the cameras are below your other devices (locks, lights, coffee maker, etc.), if you swipe up, your cameras become visible, you'll see on bottom right.. 1 second. 2 seconds, and so on. They recycle at 10s. 

Now, I'm trying to make an NFC tag to start recording on one of the Arlo's...so far, no go...

I checked my Circle 2 again and discovered the HomeKit information is not on my camera.  I received my Circle 2 via the Best Buy Technical Insider Network for evaluation and review.  It was likely an early production model.  It appears that HomeKit information was not yet being etched on them back then.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@skooler wrote:
Thanks for your rub thorough, it was a great help.
To say this had been the single most frustrating customer experience of my life is no u understatement.
I did your run though and got everything set up great first go, but didn’t name my cameras at the time of set up. I couldn’t find how to rename them so I deleted my set up and started again, on to be stuck on the “Uncertified accessory” loop now.
How could it work perfectly once and now fail every time now?!?

I even Removed my vase station and setup everything again, however now I have lost my Arlo Smart subscription connection on the cameras that were subscribed and there’s no way to easily readd them in the app or online!
I’m not really sure what to do now?
I’m ready to through the whole system in the bin and get something else!

Ouch!!

Renaming the devices in HomeKit actually was just tedious, but not difficult.  It sounds like you dug yourself into a hole.  I’d say “open a case”, but I don’t think that will help in any reasonable amount of time.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Lucas1981 wrote:

@rwarren1  ha escrito:

I was finally able to add my VMB4000r3 base station to my eero network.  I have a xfinity cable modem with the wifi turned off.  My eero base station plugs into one of the 4 ethernet ports on the cable modem.  My VMB4000r3 was originally plugged into one of the other ethernet ports.  Homekit did not find the base station until I connected the base station ethernet directly to the eero base station.  Odd because the Arlo app has always worked perfectly.  

I am left with 2 problems that I cannot resolve.

1.  The Arlo cameras only show up in the Home app on my iPhone.  I do not see them on my iPad, Macbook Pro or Mac Pro.

2.  When I try to view a camera remotely with the Home app, it says "The camera is not responding".  I can remotely view the cameras with the Arlo app but not the Home app.

Yes, I have the same issue with the ipad. It works with my iphone, but I can’t set up the home app on the ipad.

Are you certain your iPhone and iPad are logged into the same AppleID?

I have an iPhone Xs, 11” iPad Pro, iPad mini 5 that all showed my HomeKit setup after I set it all up on my 11” iPad Pro.   I just went into my office and checked my older 12.9” (original) iPad Pro.  I opened HomeKit and nothing showed up, I checked another Home and then came back to this one.   The Arlo items started populating.  I assume it just took a while and it wasn’t related to checking the other house, but I am not certain of that fact.  Anyway, now four Apple devices show my Arlo setup that I performed on one of them.

My Arlo devices on one base station say they are not certified for HomeKit and on my second base station, it says those devices are fine.  The NOT certified base station has 5 Arlo Pro/Pro2 cameras attached to it.  The base station that shows up as OK, has one Arlo Pro/Pro 2 (I’m not certain which it is) and three original Arlo cameras attached to it.  The original Arlo cameras do not show up at all in HomeKit (as expected), but the one supported camera does show up along with the associated motion sensor for that camera.

Since user experiences appear to vary so wildly, it is hard to say what conclusions to draw from any of this.

I will try to remember to test remote access to these today.  I keep forgetting when I’m off-site.

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry to hear that. Not to pour salt on the wounds, but you could have renamed the cams in Arlo. The only caveat is, the renaming wouldn't have carried over to HomeKit; you would then have to rename them in HomeKit as well.

After reading so much about "uncertified accessory" using the same base station; I think the base stations, tho with same model #, are newer or older versions with different chips/circuit board.  That is the only explanation I can come up with.

Another commenter mentioned the Eufy Camera system, soon to have HomeKit. The cams and base station look identical to Arlo's and cheaper. 

Lucas1981
Star
Star

Just last night reboot my ipad pro and now is working. Only the automatization is not working... but maybe they will solved later.

Ricman01
Tutor
Tutor
Mine installed easy but it is now not recording. I get notifications etc but it doesn’t record them. This is only happening since HomeKit intergration. Tried everything to try and fix it. Reboots, reinstall of app, deleting from home kit but still not working
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Good news. Yes, I have tried automations several times, no go.
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
You mean recording via a trigger, right? I noticed that too. It only records manually for me.
Ricman01
Tutor
Tutor
I had to remove arlo from home kit for recording to start working. Hope they fix it soon
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hope so. That and automations.  But I don't think you'll see many fixes until final version of IOS 13 and/or they add Arlo Ultra to HomeKit.

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
Delete the basestation and start from scratch.
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
First gen Arlo cameras won't work with Homekit
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
My understanding is that it won't work
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
FYI, Arlo Q are too old, not homekit compatible
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try renaming devices, if that doesn't work then delete the basestation and start from scratch
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
Eufy are cheaper for a reason. Currently They offer less features than Arlo. But if they offer Homekit, than the brand might be irrelevant
scrytch
Star
Star
@The_Ricky Yes agrees for now but the features are coming. The core features of the platform are present (motion, night vision, recording, notifications, facial recognition etc) and some extras Arlo should steal.

- Local recording (no cloud account) - assuming this is why Homekit Secure Video is possible.
- Battery life. Side by side for just over 2 months for my Arlo Pro and EufyCam - my Arlo battery needs to be replaced and the Eufy is still over 90%

If Homekit Secure Video comes the the platform it’ll be the one to look at.
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Facial recognition would be great, especially in automation where once recognized, can unlock my door.  My August door lock already has auto-unlock when arriving home, but facial would be interesting...

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
Automation is working for me. For now I'm just telling my Hue lights to turn on when camera detects motion
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
The recording stuff happens in the Arlo app. Is your mode set correctly?
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
Automations are working for me. Between cameras and hue lights
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
Strange, you have set it to record in one of the modes? It's working for me just fine
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
Highly Doubt Apple will built facial recognition. 1- They don't have such tech. 2- Privacy concerns. After all, Homekit was made for security and privacy. We
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

My armed modes are the same as they've always been since way before HomeKit; wondering why it's not recording on motion.

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

That's what I wanted to do; just a simple automation with my Hue stuff to test it.