Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
mendca
Aspirant
Aspirant
I get the same message and have been unable to complete the process
Lopezzi
Aspirant
Aspirant
So removing the base station and re-adding it solved my HomeKit issue. After re-adding it, it found it right away when going to the HomeKit setting. I still had to re-setup all my settings like the geofencing, schedule, and extra modes, but I believe I have it all back how it was now. Thanks all for the help!
DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Arlo app finds my Base station but returns an error message “uncertified accessory”
DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
wdw1532
Aspirant
Aspirant
@The_Ricky
I feel really dumb. I noticed that I need to set the cameras in “armed” mode for the sensors to work. They work and trigger the sensors alright. I had to create a new mode that doesn’t record when armed as these cameras are indoors and I don’t want to record while I’m at home. Arlo forces you to select an action, if not record, It forces me to send a notification. In less than one hour I got 20 notifications. So I had to turn everything off and not use the motion sensors. In short, I managed to understand how the motion sensors work and I appreciate everybody’s input.
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
So unfortunately I’m one those people that hit the reset button in the Arlo app which deleted all my home data. I’ve literally spent two days trying to fix it because I cannot get my devices to sync home data. I’m so angry at Arlo for putting a button like this in their app.

Has anyone else found that after adding Arlo to one Home app on one device that it will not sync to other iOS devices??
BravoMike09
Initiate
Initiate
I did the same thing with my Chamberlain app for my garage door. Inadvertently deleted my entire home. Took me days to restore it.

Apple really needs to prevent that kind of thing.
bscardin
Star
Star
Vmb4000r3. I too get the uncertified error when trying to add. I’ve reset HomeKit without any improvement (had to re add all my existing stuff!)
DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
MDNZ
Guide
Guide
Agree that we must be the stupid folk who have bought the latest and greatest device from Arlo and are now the 3rd class citizen. What is more appalling is the lack of customer care and information from JamesC, and lack of definitive time frames for release. Q4??

Ironically the VMB5000 was not in the drop down list of models on this page.
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ah, okay. Great find.  Yep, I never liked Arlo's armed status where you have to pick something. Thanks for the tip

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm only guessing here, but didn't VMB5000 have some issues at launch?  Arlo already started working on HomeKit before that troubled system made it's appearance.   Plus the fact, there are probably 10x more Pros & Pro-2 in circulation at this time...

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ouch, sorry to hear that.  You would have been better to remove the base station from the Arlo app and start over. It was suggested by another commenter and renaming your base station.  It worked for me and found the base station and all my cams appeared in HomeKit.   Now trying to get the sensor to behave is the next hurdle...

avalanche96
Aspirant
Aspirant

I saw an email today on this and tried to set it up. It just sits there and spins and returns no devices. Can't even find the code anywhere to try and add through the apple app so can you tell me how this is supposed to be working?

Johm
Tutor
Tutor

VMB400r3 base station using firmware version 1.14.0.2_2776.

Received the Arlo iPhone app update on Tuesday with alleged Homekit compatability.

Following all instructions exactly to the letter.  Granted Homekit data access to Arlo under privacy settings.  Checked Arlo settings in Settings menu.  Should be good to go.

I try to add Arlo base station to Homekit Home through Arlo app.  It can see the base station.  It asks what home and room to add it to.  But in the final step it returns "Uncertified Accessory.  This accessory cannot be used with HomeKit."  

I spent quite a long time on Arlo help chat.  Help agent was unable to resolve the issue.  She suggested that I do a factory reset.  

I tried turning the base station off, waiting, then turning it back on again.  No change.

I tried restarting the base station from the button in the app.  No change.

I tried removing the base station from the app, then adding a new device, then re-adding all the cameras one by one.  No change.

I tried doing a factory reset of the base by pressing in the recessed "reset" button and holding it.  No change.

I tried doing the Homekit add from an iphone and from an ipad.  I thought to do it from a laptop, but the website portal does not have a way to add devices to Homekit.

I tried deleting the Arlo app from my phone and reinstalling it.  No change.

Nothing I can think of to do, nothing that customer service tells me to try, and no suggestions that others have provided here on community.arlo.com has helped.

The simple truth is that base station VMB4000r3 is not certified to work with Homekit and cannot be added to Homekit, despite claims by Arlo.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I am open to any new suggestions for getting it to work.

Thanks.

Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
In an effort to alleviate frustration with Arlo Ultra owners. I’m willing to trade a brand new 2 pack unit Arlo Pro 2 system for your 2 pack Arlo Ultra, as I am a happy SmartThings user & do not need HomeKit.
HackneyMark
Tutor
Tutor

Homekit integration on my system became active this morning when i checked the recent Arlo iOS/iPad app and so I added. Went very smoothly even though i didn't immediatly update the camera or motion sensor names to anything other than the serial number.  Now showing on my Mac Home app, iPhone 8plus iOS Home App and iPad Pro 12.4 Home App!!!!!!!

@Cwmmmm wrote:
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the VMB4000r3 base station and same/latest firmware. I had some setup issues as well, but it wasn’t until after I re-installed the base station and renamed it., that everything worked.

My only issue now is the separate motion sensor not working in HomeKit automations.

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Did you update the app that came out yesterday?
DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Johm wrote:

The simple truth is that base station VMB4000r3 is not certified to work with Homekit and cannot be added to Homekit, despite claims by Arlo.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I am open to any new suggestions for getting it to work.

Thanks.

I can absolutely say this is not the case for every user.  I was able to add an Arlo Pro (VMB4000r3) Base station (actually two of them) to Home Kit the first day it was available.

I did get the message that Arlo was an uncertified accessory, but it allowed be to add it anyway.

52905C41-AA7E-41D2-9B8F-F9BBD00E84B2.png

HackneyMark
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. i'm a bit OCD on app updates. Like i check every morning 🙂

Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
Every morning? Those are rookie numbers, you gotta pump those up.... I check hourly for updates 😂
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Lopezzi wrote:
So removing the base station and re-adding it solved my HomeKit issue. After re-adding it, it found it right away when going to the HomeKit setting. I still had to re-setup all my settings like the geofencing, schedule, and extra modes, but I believe I have it all back how it was now. Thanks all for the help!

Wouldn’t it be nice (and totally logical) if we could export our  setup information and import it after a reset or to a new system?  What a radical thought.

rwarren1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was finally able to add my VMB4000r3 base station to my eero network.  I have a xfinity cable modem with the wifi turned off.  My eero base station plugs into one of the 4 ethernet ports on the cable modem.  My VMB4000r3 was originally plugged into one of the other ethernet ports.  Homekit did not find the base station until I connected the base station ethernet directly to the eero base station.  Odd because the Arlo app has always worked perfectly.  

I am left with 2 problems that I cannot resolve.

1.  The Arlo cameras only show up in the Home app on my iPhone.  I do not see them on my iPad, Macbook Pro or Mac Pro.

2.  When I try to view a camera remotely with the Home app, it says "The camera is not responding".  I can remotely view the cameras with the Arlo app but not the Home app.