Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
IKES
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will Arlo be available with Homekit Secure video?

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think that’s what the holdup is. On Friday, Logitech announced they will support Secure Video by the end of the year.  My Logi Circle 2 is running fine right now in HomeKit with IOS 13 Beta 2. 

tls5
Star
Star

We might be getting somewhere, slowly.  Maybe.  I was able to download a new firmware update for my VMB4000 base station, today.

Today I went into the iPhone app -> Settings -> My Devices and there was a marker (orange dot?) on my VMB4000 base station.  I clicked through and it told me there was a new firmware available, 1.12.2.3_2762 released 13 Jun 2019.  I installed it, but nothing much appeared to happen, apart from my Arlo Doorbell going out of sync YET AGAIN.  (Looks like I'll be out in the rain with a screwdriver again this morning, trying to get it to reconnect.  *sigh*)

I did notice the following, but bear in mind I have a Raspberry Pi set up with HomeBridge, and a config that lets me arm/disarm the Arlo system.  The HomeBridge Arlo module doesn't actually support video streams.  I don't know whether this is a result of the firmware update, or whether it's because of my HomeBridge:

When I went into Apple's "Home" app -> "+" -> Add Accessory -> "Don't have a Code or Can't Scan", it shows my three Arlo Pro 2 cameras as "Nearby Accessories", with the same serial numbers as I see in the Arlo App, so I know it's them.

Unfortunately, if I try to add them, the Apple "Home" app tells me to "Look for the 8-digit set-up code in the packaging or on the accessory".

Maybe they've implemented a little more with the firmware release, and we're waiting for a system for Arlo to give us the setup codes.   Or maybe it's just an unrelated firmware release, and my HomeBridge is just making it look like there's more progress been made than there really is.  I guess if someone without a HomeBridge gives it a try, we'll know which.

The wait for HomeKit support is pretty frustrating, but I went through the same thing with my Netatmo cameras, and ultimately I found the HomeKit support was nice, but didn't change my life.

jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

@tls5 wrote:

We might be getting somewhere, slowly.  Maybe.  I was able to download a new firmware update for my VMB4000 base station, today.

Today I went into the iPhone app -> Settings -> My Devices and there was a marker (orange dot?) on my VMB4000 base station.  I clicked through and it told me there was a new firmware available, 1.12.2.3_2762 released 13 Jun 2019.  I installed it, but nothing much appeared to happen, apart from my Arlo Doorbell going out of sync YET AGAIN.  (Looks like I'll be out in the rain with a screwdriver again this morning, trying to get it to reconnect.  *sigh*)

I did notice the following, but bear in mind I have a Raspberry Pi set up with HomeBridge, and a config that lets me arm/disarm the Arlo system.  The HomeBridge Arlo module doesn't actually support video streams.  I don't know whether this is a result of the firmware update, or whether it's because of my HomeBridge:

When I went into Apple's "Home" app -> "+" -> Add Accessory -> "Don't have a Code or Can't Scan", it shows my three Arlo Pro 2 cameras as "Nearby Accessories", with the same serial numbers as I see in the Arlo App, so I know it's them.

Unfortunately, if I try to add them, the Apple "Home" app tells me to "Look for the 8-digit set-up code in the packaging or on the accessory".

Maybe they've implemented a little more with the firmware release, and we're waiting for a system for Arlo to give us the setup codes.   Or maybe it's just an unrelated firmware release, and my HomeBridge is just making it look like there's more progress been made than there really is.  I guess if someone without a HomeBridge gives it a try, we'll know which.

The wait for HomeKit support is pretty frustrating, but I went through the same thing with my Netatmo cameras, and ultimately I found the HomeKit support was nice, but didn't change my life.

i have the same new firmware, but cant see anything when trying to add an accssory to homekit

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

That update was released Apr 19.  We all got the same prompt for HomeKit setup.  Arlo then pulled the prompt, but the update stayed...

BravoMike09
Initiate
Initiate

We're all still waiting for Homekit support.

Does Netgear/Arlo care to inform it's customers what the delay is?

Mattaustrale
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. We are July 15th and still no HomeKit with ultra. Do you have a release date ?
Sealey
Guide
Guide

Hello all, I saw this on Matthew McRae's (Arlo CEO) Twitter page.  See attached. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Take a look at this response in our recent live chat with Jimmy Lin, Director of Product Management: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Chat-with-Jimmy-Lin-Director-of-Product-Management-7-18-11-...

JamesC

dj3w3ll1
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC

It’s been some time since we have been updated on the release of Apple HomeKit support for your Arlo Ultra, and Pro 2 Cameras. So I’m asking again, is there and update?

Your CEO Matthew McRae states on Twitter that “I have posted several updates here including one a couple of days ago. Code is (and has been) done, waiting for news... Pro/Pro2 will come first and then Ultra as testing slots are treated as single lanes.”

Also he states this: “Teams working extremely hard on these features + HomeKit, requests, updates & fixes. Restructured team to bring more focus on our existing customers & your needs which will prioritize above. Expect rolling releases over next 90 days as items are completed or certified.”

He also stated at one point that the HomeKit Code is completed and that they are awaiting certification. Is there any clarity @JamesC can give to HomeKit support other than what McCrae has stated above?

Thanks,

D
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dj3w3ll1,

That's the latest. We'll see HomeKit for Pro and Pro 2 before Ultra but I don't have exact dates, only the estimates you've seen from Matt McRae and Jimmy Lin in the community chat.

I'll certainly post any definitive new information as soon as I'm made aware.

JamesC

Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
I don’t see it on my iOS app. Where are the options for HomeKit at ?

My VB4000r3 is on FW# 1.14.02_2776
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can see the Base Station when trying to add a HomeKit accessory, but there is no options within the Arlo app to get a code.    Might have to wait for an app update then.   

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
If it’s there, it would be under Settings
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Where do you see the Base Station? I never heard of seeing a device in HomeKit without first scanning in the code.
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

When you go to add an accessory to HomeKit, you can say "don't have a code" and it will show you available HomeKit devices on your local WiFi.   

@Expedy wrote:
Where do you see the Base Station? I never heard of seeing a device in HomeKit without first scanning in the code.

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I see HomeKit finds the Base Station, but of course it ends there without the setup code.  

adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Correct.   Looks like Arlo either needs to update the app to include HomeKit code generation, or enable it on the backend.    Think we'll find out this week though!   The base station update is what matters, so it looks like they got the approval from Apple.  Now it's Arlo's turn to enable the process. 

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice

Homekit not showing for me I belive they are just ramping up for the release next month of IOS13 +cloud storage utilization I wouldnt hold my breath for this week but I do hope Im wrong 

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hope it's not another tease like back in April.  There is something weird tho; on my old 12.9 iPad running IOS 12.4, the Arlo App still shows the 'HomeKit' tab that appeared in Settings in April. When I click on it, it shows all my rooms and devices which it did in April.  HOWEVER, I just moved and added another room in HomeKit and it showed up.  So meaning I guess, the HomeKit tab is not remnants from April.  My new 12.9 iPad running iPad-OS 13 Beta 5, doesn't show the HomeKit tab in Arlo App...smh

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep, I said that back in June; they'll probably wait for the final version of IOS.  

adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice
Only reason you would need iOS 13 would be for HomeKit Secure Video. Arlo can still release just the basic streaming to the Home app with 12.4.
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice