Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
MDNZ
Guide
Guide
I have the Ultra cameras and still have not had the message displayed about HomeKit. When first installed it wanted permission to home. Have basestation VMB5000R4 and firmware 1.12.1.7_32817 and states it is up to date.
Just a waiting game
😉
wdw1532
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same as most of you guys, on Friday morning I woke up to an app update and HomeKit became available but when trying to add the cameras, it wouldn’t find them. Later on same Friday night, the HomeKit option was gone from the settings.
Hopefully this is a hint that it will come sooner than later.
DeeZuL
Aspirant
Aspirant
@jdarmstrong My HomeKit options disappeared as well.
Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
Arlo pro 2 kit user here.... I had a “HomeKit” option in the arlo app (it was useless), but today that section disappeared.

Side note - has anyone verified if the ultra cam 2-way talk is actually useful? Since the pro2 function is NOWHERE as good as “ring” 2-way.
d23wilson
Star
Star
They have rolled back firmware for vmb4000r3. Hopefully reinstall coming with HomeKit working?!
KingBowser64
Star
Star
I am no longer able to simply find this forum on the Arlo Ultra forum page anymore (was no longer on the top 3 pages). I was only able to find it by searching “HomeKit” in the search bar. I wonder if Arlo is trying to hide this specific forum.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@KingBowser64 wrote:
I am no longer able to simply find this forum on the Arlo Ultra forum page anymore (was no longer on the top 3 pages). I was only able to find it by searching “HomeKit” in the search bar. I wonder if Arlo is trying to hide this specific forum.

Strange. You may want to check your browser.

Look at this:

Arlo Forum Discussions - Arlo Communities

About three quarters of the way down.

Between Arlo Smart and Firmware Release Notes.

This is in Firefox, Edge and Chrome.

There is also an RSS feed for the section:

https://community.arlo.com/iyazy66697/rss/board?board.id=en-arlo-partner-integrations

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
KingBowser64
Star
Star
Ah, the “HomeKit forum” was moved from “Arlo Ultra” to “Partner Integrations.” I was confused as to why I could not find it on the Arlo Ultra forum page anymore, but it makes sense for moving it since at least the Arlo Pro 2 will eventually support HomeKit as well.
idesi1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Howdy! I am in process of purchasing Homekit outdoor cameras after waiting 3 yrs for Ring and hearing all the about the eavesdropping news I decided to move on to a Homekit outdoor camera but there are only Handful of them. I looked into Circle-2, Netatmo but they have their own flaws but just found out about Arlo Ultra getting HomeKit support and after reading ya'll post I am really looking forward for them to roll the Homekit support. 

My question is for the the pro's which one should I purchase Arlo Ultra or Arlo Pro-2? Seems like both will support Homekit.

Please advice

Glix
Apprentice
Apprentice
^ Pro 2 and Ultra will receive the HomeKit update.

For more info refer to the (now out of date) press release detailing HomeKit.
AnthonyNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Are there any updates on timing for this. I purchased my Arlo Ultra with the expectation I would be able to add it to my HomeKit App by now?

pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Million dollar question....

@AnthonyNZ wrote:

Are there any updates on timing for this. I purchased my Arlo Ultra with the expectation I would be able to add it to my HomeKit App by now?

Commacausi
Guide
Guide

Like a lot of you we're waiting for Homekit support before we purchase Arlo Cameras. Has anyone heard if Costco will be selling the Ultra Camera? Currently they have the Pro2, 5 pack on sale for $599, which is an unbelieveable great price, and could mean two things. They are no longer going to sell Arlo Cameras, or their clearing out inventory for the new Ultra Cameras. Anyone got a lead? THANKS!

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have three Pro-2 camera’s, plus the 4G LTE camera. I also have the Logitech Circle 2 w/HomeKit which would be my my perferred choice, however,  its wireless version is not HomeKit. I only purchased the Pro-2’s due to the portability, excellent night vision and the purported upcoming HomeKit support.  Additionally, I am extremely happy with the Arlo 4G-LTE camera (which doesn’t require the Base Station).  

Commacausi
Guide
Guide

Expedy, Thank you for that information. Today I found the Ultra 4 camera system on sale for $799 and since I do not have any other Arlo cameras it seemed like the best choice and I could not beat the price.

MattRogers
Guide
Guide
Hopefully they are just trying to perfect it before pushing out something broken.
Palazz
Initiate
Initiate

Its very kind that you are working on Apple Homekit support. When will it come ? Its already one  month later.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I feel homekit will be soon now due to iOS 13!
wdw1532
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is possible but remember that iOS 13 is not going to be public until Fall. I hope for a sooner date than that for a feature that was promised to be available at the end of the first quarter.
MDNZ
Guide
Guide
Arlo does not need iOS 13 to deliver HomeKit support and hopefully will be available prior to then. That was the premise for me buying this product over another service.

Change with iOS 13 will allow ability to store video on iCloud. 1 camera with the 200GB plans and 5 cameras with the 2TB plan. Only 10days footage not 30 so not fully competing with Arlo service. Also the storage does not consume your iCloud storage (eg 2TB allowance). End to end encryption so even Apple will not have access to your videos. (Unlike ring video and google voice services)
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
True
Mjlabarbera
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any feedback from Arlo on HomeKit. I’ve also just purchased the ultras for homekit support
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don’t think we’re going to see HomeKit until IOS 13 is released in September. The soon to be updated HomeKit has camera enhancements coming. I hope I’m wrong, but don’t look for it soon.

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
I would not hold my breath nothing but crickets..
IKES
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will Arlo be supporting Homekit Secure video?