Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
zmit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I successfully added my smart hub to homekit once, but I had to re-do the homekit setup. Now I am stuck at the "Devices found" stage of the hub's homekit section. Reading around the community pages it seems like I need to get a token reset to be able to re-add the hub to homekit. Can you please push one to the hub associated with this account?

Thanks

135 REPLIES 135
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I apologize for the delay in my response. I have reset the token again. Do a full reset of the Base station and then reset up the HomeKit. You can add the cameras before or after, it should work either way. 

eddiemw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks the base is connected to HomeKit but it took several resets until I moved the base closer to my router ( it was near one of my satellites). It connected immediately after moving. Thanks for your help

MESUT73
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN 

Regardless of all my efforts to connect Arlo base to Homekit, I failed every time. Can you please reset the token?

Hardware  VMB5000r6

Serial Number  A6G21875A018A

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MESUT73 I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

MESUT73
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all, thank you very much for the support. 
After the rebooting as the way that you described, I tried both from Homekit and Arlo app to setting homekit. But both of tries were unsuccessful. Trying from Homekit gave me “unable to add accessory. This accessory cannot be used with Homekit” error message. Trying with Ao app, after entering the code, it stuck with “connecting” message for several minutes and no further progress. Then I exit setup. 
Can you please tell me what else I can do to complete HomeKit setup?

thank you in advance for your help. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will need to do a reset of the base station and re-add the cameras. I will reset the token again, try to set it up after the full reset.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

Coffeecoco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please reset my HomeKit on my arlo base station.

i called today they said they reset it but it’s still not working 

Coffeecoco
Aspirant
Aspirant

don’t worry it’s working now 

Nheuberger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, can I also request a token reset be sent to my hub? 

thanks,

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Nheuberger 

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Freddierose
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to add my basestation to HomeKit. Can you please reset the token?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

rs5206
Tutor
Tutor

I need a token reset on my VMB4000 in order to establish connection with Apple Homekit - can you help please?

dsimpson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can a token reset be sent to me please. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rs5206 and @dsimpson I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Raybam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Team,

I am stuck at the "Devices found" stage of the hub's homekit section. Reading around the community pages it seems like I need to get a token reset to be able to re-add the hub to homekit. Can you please push one to the hub associated with this account?

Thanks

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

ShirlG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this exact issue. How can I get a token reset to my Hub?

dsimpson
Aspirant
Aspirant

It didn’t work for me. I’ll have to reset the whole system 

Dester68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I had to change my router and have to set up HomeKit, can you please help me resetting my homebase so I can set it up again?

Regards,

cmscmadd
Tutor
Tutor

Can I get a token reset too please. To the hub associated with this email. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ShirlG , @Dester68 and @cmscmadd I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

@dsimpson I have reset the token again. Before you reboot the basestation/hub, uninstall and reinstall the app first. And then follow the instructions in the link for setting up the Homekit without a code. 

dsimpson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much. It worked that time. 

ShirlG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled the app and reset the hub but it is still not working. Can you please try another token or is there something else I can do to get my Arlo equipment setup with HomeKit

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?