Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Homekit token reset

Discussion stats
zmit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I successfully added my smart hub to homekit once, but I had to re-do the homekit setup. Now I am stuck at the "Devices found" stage of the hub's homekit section. Reading around the community pages it seems like I need to get a token reset to be able to re-add the hub to homekit. Can you please push one to the hub associated with this account?

Thanks

135 REPLIES 135
Larryg58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Could I get my Homekit token reset please.  Thanks very much!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Larryg58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, that resolved my issue!

shellguard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have the same issue: trying to move my base from old HomeKit home to a new one. Could you please send a token reset to my base?

Thank you!

Rom101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello how do I request a token reset? 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

Rom101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I saw your  reply just now. And reset the the base station by removing power but still can’t added to HomeKit. Maybe because I waited too long after you reset the token?  If so can you reset it again? Thanks 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset it again @Rom101  let me know if you are able to set it up with the reset. 

Rom101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still unable to add to HomeKit. 

IMG_2398.png

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app then following the steps within the link for setting up without a code. 

Rom101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same nothing changes. It use to works few days ago. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The other thing you can try is a full reset of the basestation, however all the cameras would need to be added to the basestation again. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

Nickm88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you send a HomeKit reset token to me please?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

MrAtoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

After iOS/tvOS update, my Arlo cameras no longer work in HomeKit.

I understand I need a base station token reset. Can you send one please.

mdube72
Tutor
Tutor

I need a reset token as well.  The last update to iOS 17 made all my Arlo cameras go dead in HomeKit.  Please send me a token.  Are they ever going to make getting a new token "self-service" ? Every year when Apple releases new software this is a problem.

MrAtoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m going to try some Eve outdoor cameras (p/u today at Apple Store). Having to request a token is weird. I always update to the latest OS and don’t want a tloken request multiple times a year. The Arlo’s are getting long in the tooth anyway. Eve cameras are getting a mixed review, but they are made to work in HomeKit. Plus they use iCloud+ for storage and have features that you have to pay for in an Arlo plan (which I have and will cancel if I like the Eves).

MrAtoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cancelled the Eve cameras because they are wired for power. I don’t have time to run power.

I’ll try the Eufy cameras, but the Eufy Base Station 3 isn’t HomeKit ready. You can share your Eufy account so multiple people can see the cameras.

Arlo really needs to have an online “token reset” feature.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

dtube
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello BrookN,

Can you please reset the token for my base station.
It is a VMB4000 with SN 4R03727XA5F16

Thank you

ayo360
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN ,

Can I also have the token reset for my base station. 

Thanks in advance.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dtube  and @ayo360  I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

dtube
Aspirant
Aspirant

BrookeN,

Thank you very much.  I am able to add the VMB4000 base station to homekit now.  Everything looks good.

ayo360
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN thank you, this is working for me now.

GSteward
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please reset my Homekit Token? Thank you.