Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Salsajoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m trying to connect my arlo to home kit following the instructions posted here and it doesn’t work for me. I don’t see HomeKit as an option when I look at the base station per the instructions

https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit
26 REPLIES 26
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Salsajoe

I have reset your Base Station token, can you try & add your base once more.

Salsajoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shayne,
Thanks for doing that. I’m still unable to connect to Apple Home and I don’t see the options laid out on the forum to link to Apple home without the HomeKit code. Is there something that I am missing ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Were you able to get this far? Tap Settings > My Devices.Select an Arlo base station.Tap HomeKit. What happened after you tried this method?

Salsajoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t get that far. Home kit doesn’t show at all when I go to the Arlo app then settings then base station. It just shows my current arlo devices. The Apple home app recognizes the arlo base station but is asking for the home kit setup code but there is nothing on the box or on the documents that came with the Arlo. So I feel I’m in a loop. Does that help?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

jrmyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could I also get this magical reset token? My cameras had integrated into my Homekit well and were working for a few weeks when they all of the sudden weren't responsive in homekit but were fine in Arlo app. Can't get either one to re-recognize the base station.  I would really like to continue using the automations I had set up to work with my cameras...

jrmyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could I also get this magical reset token? My cameras had integrated into my Homekit well and were working for a few weeks when they all of the sudden weren't responsive in homekit but were fine in Arlo app. Can't get either one to re-recognize the base station.  I would really like to continue using the automations I had set up to work with my cameras...

VMB4000r3

jrmyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4000r3

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jrmyles

Go ahead and reboot your base station and try again, I have reset this for you.

jrmyles
Aspirant
Aspirant
IanPB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to be having the same problem that others have had with this in that I can access all my Arlo devices via the Arlo app, but Homekit doesn't appear in the app under the VMB4000(r3) device menu.  I have reset the base station, and connected my phone to the wireless network being broadcast by the router that the base station is connected to.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @IanPB

Salsajoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there an opportunity to reset mine again. Also, mine came from Costco are there any limitations with that?
trh61
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also not able to see a HomeKit option in the base station settings. I'm using a VMB4500r2 with firmware level 1.16.5.6 and Arlo app version 3.1

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @trh61

trh61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, still don't see HomeKit option. I tried restarting, as well as removing and adding the base unit (and all the attached devices).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@trh61

Did you perform a factory reset on your SmartHub?

I just reset your token again, please try and look for the HomeKit option under Settings > My Devices.

Thanks

IanPB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi ShayneS,
I’m still unable to see HomeKit in the base station config. Any other suggestions?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @IanPB

Can you remove > Re-install your app to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.2 > Reboot your phone then tar again?

trh61
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did not do a factory reset, but I did reinstall the Arlo app on my iPhone and can now see HomeKit Setup in settings. When I went into HomeKit Setup in Arlo the first time, it discovered the VMB4500 and was able to creat a new HomeKit room. But it wouldn't add the VMB4500 to the room. I did not have an Apple "home hub" configured, so I added an Apple TV. Now when I go into HomeKit setup in the Arlo app, it gets stuck at "Discovering you device. Please wait."

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@trh61

I see, thanks for the detailed info. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue with your device & HomeKit. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. 

adityakoundinya
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne, 

Can you send a reset to my base station as well please. My homekit integration stopped working. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @adityakoundinya

I have reset your token. Please reboot your Base Station and try again.

Salsajoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Best thing that worked was deleting the app and reinstalling it. Once I did that I saw the HomeKit. Not sure if it was solely that or the combo of the token reset but I can see it now after reinstalling the app.