Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Token Reset

Discussion stats
cyphirx
Star
Star

Greetings,

I have tried to attach my VMB5000 to HomeKit but it is asking for a HomeKit code. My device does not have a sticker for this. Does this require a reset of the token and how would I get one?

Thanks!

59 REPLIES 59
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

cyphirx
Star
Star

That seems to have changed the behavior but now it's asking for a Setup Code which I do not seem to have. There was no code included in the packaging nor on the device

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Follow the "without a setup code" instructions as they are listed in the KB linked above. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

cyphirx
Star
Star

Going through this method still prompts for either a QR code or HomeKit Setup Code.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cyphirx,

Are you able to provide a screenshot of this issue?

JamesC

cyphirx
Star
Star

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 7.48.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-11 at 7.49.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-11 at 7.49.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-11 at 7.48.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-11 at 7.48.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-11 at 7.48.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-11 at 7.50.17 PM.png

EDIT: Removed Basestation pic with most of serial number

cyphirx
Star
Star

The order is a messed up, but it goes from the device selection, base selection, home selection, room selection, requesting info, locate the qr code, uncertified accessory, then enter homekit code

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cyphirx,

I've sent another token reset request. Try setting up again (some users have reported having to try a few times after receiving the new token.)

Thanks,

JamesC

cyphirx
Star
Star

I've restarted the basestation twice and same result. Should I try to restarting my homekit hubs as well?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cyphirx,

The token reset should remove the "uncertified accessory" error and let you proceed with the integration. If you're still seeing this error message, you may need to factory reset your base station and onboard as if it were new and then try setting up HomeKit again: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

After the factory reset, we may need to send another token refresh.

JamesC

cyphirx
Star
Star

I've factory reset the base station and I have not tried to rejoin to HomeKit yet.

cyphirx
Star
Star

Do I need to wait for a token reset before trying to reconnect with HomeKit?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cyphirx,

If you've factory reset, and re-onboarded, you should be able to attempt adding HomeKit again. If you experience an issue, let me know.

JamesC

cyphirx
Star
Star

I tried and it still asked for a code and now I get inconsistent alerting on activity in my activity zones

cyphirx
Star
Star

I tried again today just to verify and I'm still prompted for a QR code

cyphirx
Star
Star

Just bumping this as I've still got this issue where I can not join it to HomeKit.

jorgenselin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I have my Arlo base stations’ HomeKit tokens reset? I failed to find the VMB4000.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cyphirx,

If you're still experiencing this issue, I encourage you to reach out to the support team via the Arlo mobile app to investigate further.

jorgenselin,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Flaff
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same to me, homekit is not appearing in the app, even after factory reset and app reinstalled.
Could you please send a token?
VMB5000r4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Flaff,

JamesC

teohin76
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC  can I please have a token reset as well for the Homekit? I have the VMB4000f3 with firmware 1.19.0.3_4074. Cameras didn’t work anymore so I removed the Arlo base from Homekit and now it doesn’t recognize it. Thank you in advance!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

teohin76,

JamesC

Cyman77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here... Could I get a token reset as well? 

My cameras did not update anymore in homekit, so I removed the bridge and now when I try to re-add, it's stuck on discovering devices...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Cyman77

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you