Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Token Reset

Discussion stats
cyphirx
Star
Star

Greetings,

I have tried to attach my VMB5000 to HomeKit but it is asking for a HomeKit code. My device does not have a sticker for this. Does this require a reset of the token and how would I get one?

Thanks!

59 REPLIES 59
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Callachd,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

swagatjena
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC Can you please do a token reset for my base station VMB4540?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

swagatjena,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

rellyrell04
Initiate
Initiate

I previously had everything connected to Homekit until I made some changes to my network when adding an access point. All my other Homekit devices are now back working but Arlo.  When trying to add from the ArloSecure app it just hangs on "Discovering Device...Please Wait". Am I in need of a token reset?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rellyewll04,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

cyphirx
Star
Star

Can I get a token reset please. I tried to move my base station between homes and I think I messed it up. Thanks!

Callachd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

please can you reset my base station token. I’m struggling to connect.

thanks

David 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cyphirx  I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

@Callachd I do not see any devices attached to your account. So I am unable to reset the token. 

cyphirx
Star
Star

@BrookeN I have tried to add the hub to my HomeKit home and it says that it is part of another home still.

Thanks

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will need to remove it from the home app all together. Then start over with adding it back into the Arlo app. Doing the same steps I sent before within the KB article.