Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

HomeKit Option Blank

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Shellback13 Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently updated my hub from the VMB4000 to the VMB5000. I have all Arlo Pro 2 cameras but upgraded the base station for future camera upgrades.
When I was readding my hub/cameras to HomeKit, the “Discovering Device please wait...” just spins in endless cycle. I’ve rebooted the hub, redownloaded the app, and rebooted my iPhone (XS Max running iOS 13.2.3). I thought I was getting somewhere when I redownloaded the Arlo app, it asked to communicate with my HomeKit but when I try to add the devices, it just spins.

Any ideas to get past “Waiting to discover...”?

Accepted Solutions
Shellback13 Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey, @ShayneS
I was able to resolve the HomeKit issue over the phone. The issue was I had the Arlo base hardwired into the modem and not the router. When I hardwired the base into the router, HomeKit would then recognize the devices to add to my home.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

All Replies
ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Shellback13

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Shellback13 Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey, @ShayneS
I was able to resolve the HomeKit issue over the phone. The issue was I had the Arlo base hardwired into the modem and not the router. When I hardwired the base into the router, HomeKit would then recognize the devices to add to my home.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shellback13

That is good news, thanks for the update.