Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Shellback13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently updated my hub from the VMB4000 to the VMB5000. I have all Arlo Pro 2 cameras but upgraded the base station for future camera upgrades.
When I was readding my hub/cameras to HomeKit, the “Discovering Device please wait...” just spins in endless cycle. I’ve rebooted the hub, redownloaded the app, and rebooted my iPhone (XS Max running iOS 13.2.3). I thought I was getting somewhere when I redownloaded the Arlo app, it asked to communicate with my HomeKit but when I try to add the devices, it just spins.

Any ideas to get past “Waiting to discover...”?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shellback13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey, @ShayneS
I was able to resolve the HomeKit issue over the phone. The issue was I had the Arlo base hardwired into the modem and not the router. When I hardwired the base into the router, HomeKit would then recognize the devices to add to my home.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Shellback13

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Shellback13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey, @ShayneS
I was able to resolve the HomeKit issue over the phone. The issue was I had the Arlo base hardwired into the modem and not the router. When I hardwired the base into the router, HomeKit would then recognize the devices to add to my home.

Thank you,
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shellback13

That is good news, thanks for the update.