Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell my mobile phone and Google nest hub max live stream when pressed

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kamrant
Initiate
Initiate
Hi there,
When someone presses the doorbell button, I don't get any automatic live stream showing the video of the person who is at the door on either my phone (pixel 6) or Google nest devices (I get video when I accept the ring by Pressing the green button) Is there any solution for this? I want my nest hub to show me a live stream when my doorbell is pressed and was wondering probably there is a solution for this

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kamrant,

Google integration does not currently support automatic streaming on doorbell presses. For more information on this integration, take a look here: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to Google Home or Google Assistant?

JamesC

Kamrant
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks James, how about the actual Arlo app on my phone? I should be able to get a live stream on my phone when someone presses the doorbell right? it comes up as grey until I accept the call. any configuration I can get this to work?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kamrant,

You can live stream manually within the app or accept the call when the doorbell is pressed. When the doorbell is pressed, to see the stream you must accept the call, there is no way to make it automatic.

JamesC