Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

Hello all,

I am really hoping someone can help me with my issue as so far I've not been able to fix the problem.

A couple of weeks ago Arlo had a systems outage in Europe and since then I can't view any of my Arlo Ultra or Arlo Pro 3 cameras via my Amazon Echo Show. When I ask "Alexa show me xx" it responds "XX isn't responding, please check it's network connection and power supply" but the cameras are connected and viewable in the Arlo app no problem so connection and power aren't the issue.

I have spoken to Amazon and followed steps they recommended which also didn't fix the issue either. I decided a full reset of everything was in order to at least try this as a late resort and once again Alexa gives the same response. I am running Arlo Ultra, Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Pro 2 and a single Arlo Essentials which the Pro 2 and Arlo Essentials will work on the Echo Show but when asking for any of the Ultra or Pro 3 I always get the not responding reply.

For the fully reset I created a brand new Amazon account t give it the best shot of working and reset my Arlo equipment so I am at a loss as to what else I can try. I have emailed Arlo but I am hoping someone here will have an idea?

Many thanks.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same problem.

Currently running 3x Arlo Pro Ultra. Didn’t have any problems with the connection until around 1 month ago, Alexa unable to connect to the cameras saying that there is a network problem. Disabled and enabled the skill on Alexa, restarted internet connection and router but still the same.

Can someone from Arlo please advise on a solution.
Model: VMB5000 | Arlo Ultra SmartHub
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

I am so glad I'm not the only one with this issue. We might actually get assistance now 😀

Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with Ultra cams not streaming with Alexa Show. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

Hi ShayneS,

Do you mean that Arlo is fully aware of this problem and are trying to fix it and that it's not just me and Tee-low with the problem?

I have this issue with both Ultra and Pro 3 though.

Many thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same thing. I still get the motion notifications though. was fine until about 2 weeks ago.

Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Are you still experiencing this issue with streaming your cameras through your Alexa devices?

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I still can't view mine although I have made a weird discovery which is that I removed my Arlo Floodlight from being connected to a Smart Hub and connected it directly via WiFi and through WiFi I can view it but when connected to any Hub it won't work. I tried the VMB5000 VMB4540 and VMB4000 and it won't show at all on any Hub and still can't view any other cameras other than Pro, Pro 2 and Essentials (Essentials is connected to VMB4540).

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Arlo Ultra camera’s ‘not responding’ with echo show but 1st gen Arlo and Arlo Pro work fine.
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor
I just bought 4 arlo pro 3 and the echo thinking this was the way to go. Spent hours trying to make them work the last few days. Same issues not responding. Glad it isn’t me. Sure hope there is a fix to this.
Model: VMC4040P | Arlo Pro 3 Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

When it is back working Leeo you will enjoy it and this is a very rare problem which in about 4 or so years now I've never had.

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks prochris20 that puts my mind alittle at ease. Thought I may have made a mistake buying these if they were not going to work as I was expecting them to. Hope they get a fix soon.
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor
Hello ShayneS is this issue just with a few cameras or is this problem across all the pro 3 and ultras? I’m only curious because I just bought mine I’m sure I can exchange them to get New ones that will not have this problem hopefully.
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problems, the Arlo skill does not say it supports arlo pro 3 models, your website promotes amazon Alexa 

firmware 1.16.3.2_654_6cd3d...

Model: VMB4540 | Arlo Pro 3 SmartHub