Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot View Arlo Ultra Or Pro 3 Cameras On Amazon Echo

Discussion stats
ProChris20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello all,

I am really hoping someone can help me with my issue as so far I've not been able to fix the problem.

A couple of weeks ago Arlo had a systems outage in Europe and since then I can't view any of my Arlo Ultra or Arlo Pro 3 cameras via my Amazon Echo Show. When I ask "Alexa show me xx" it responds "XX isn't responding, please check it's network connection and power supply" but the cameras are connected and viewable in the Arlo app no problem so connection and power aren't the issue.

I have spoken to Amazon and followed steps they recommended which also didn't fix the issue either. I decided a full reset of everything was in order to at least try this as a late resort and once again Alexa gives the same response. I am running Arlo Ultra, Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Pro 2 and a single Arlo Essentials which the Pro 2 and Arlo Essentials will work on the Echo Show but when asking for any of the Ultra or Pro 3 I always get the not responding reply.

For the fully reset I created a brand new Amazon account t give it the best shot of working and reset my Arlo equipment so I am at a loss as to what else I can try. I have emailed Arlo but I am hoping someone here will have an idea?

Many thanks.

112 REPLIES 112
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DonMcJr

Please let me know if you have performed the provided steps today and I will gather the information from your device for further investigation. Thank you

DonMcJr
Guide
Guide
BS it's been working fine for several months and BS other people ain't complaining! My post Dec 5th in this thread proves you are wrong as this was about a month ago. Tech support had me do all that crap a month ago. I tried it on Dec 27th in the evening and it didn't work. Been in the hospital since then so when I get home I'll try again but I'm telling you it's not fixed...
DripDrop
Tutor
Tutor
Rebooted at 1915 PST. Still does not work.......
BlackLynx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a chat ticket (Case 42199292) yesterday.

They instructed me to do the following steps:

• Please delete the Arlo skill on the Alexa devices and disconnect it from the network(forget wi-fi network).

• Then, reset the Arlo base station by pressing the reset button on the base station using the paperclip for 10 secs.

• Then, log in to your Arlo account and click on add device --> select base station and follow the on-screen procedure.

• Then re-sync the cameras by pressing the sync button on the base for 3 seconds and then immediately press the sync button on the camera for 3 seconds.

• Please power cycle your router (turn off and turn it on after three minutes) before resetting the base station.

• Then add the Alexa device to the network and enable Arlo skill and check.

As you can see, they act as if I were the only case. And guess what? STILL NOT WORKING. Now Alexa says that "Camera XXX is not compatible"

3 months and Netgear is unable to get a solution.

DonMcJr
Guide
Guide
Yep I have a ticket open too...after them asking me to do a bunch of crap I finally asked them when they were going to start paying me to troubleshoot and diagnose their issues and if they weren't gonna pay me to stop asking me to do their job and have their techs figure it out...over a month later...Nothing....
Stangle
Guide
Guide

I just spent the past 2 hours doing everything outlined: the network wipe on the Alexa(s), power cycle router, factory reset the base  station, , the re-adding of all the cameras, the re-authenticating of users/browsers, yada, yada, yada.

😠 THE. SAME. EXACT. PROBLEM. REMAINS.  😠

The legacy cameras that were re-added WILL show up on Shows/Spots.
Arlo Pro cameras (and I'm guessing things newer than that) WILL NOT.
By legacy, I mean the H7 that took the four CR123 batteries.

I hope this saves someone the time required. I'm at least the second person who wasted all this time and effort.

DonMcJr
Guide
Guide
Yep the cameras that take the Cr123 batteries have no sound and work great...the newer cameras used to work and quit working. And Arlo clearly doesn't give a crap cause alot of people have been complaining for quite a few months now and there's no fix...
Stangle
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS  I saw you had a request for a log. How do I  get one to you and where is it?

Thanks for your time.

I spent many hours repeating the outlined procedure(s) in this thread - up to and including a factory reset of my router, Alexa devices, and Arlo base station. And just did it again so I should be able to give you a fresh log.

DripDrop
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo clearly doesn't care about this issue. The best use of this forum would be to recommend products that are not Arlo and actually function as advertised. I am thinking I might move to a Ubiquiti based network and camera system.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@DripDrop wrote:
Arlo clearly doesn't care about this issue. The best use of this forum would be to recommend products that are not Arlo and actually function as advertised. I am thinking I might move to a Ubiquiti based network and camera system.

It has been working as advertised here for several months. I was having a problem when this thread started. Not sure if you reinstalled the Alexa app or removed the cams from it and have it discover them again. 

Stangle
Guide
Guide

This is "working as advertised"? What am I doing wrong? Did I miss a step?

• Please delete the Arlo skill on the Alexa devices and disconnect it from the network(forget wi-fi network).

• Then, reset the Arlo base station by pressing the reset button on the base station using the paperclip for 10 secs.

• Then, log in to your Arlo account and click on add device --> select base station and follow the on-screen procedure.

• Then re-sync the cameras by pressing the sync button on the base for 3 seconds and then immediately press the sync button on the camera for 3 seconds.

• Please power cycle your router (turn off and turn it on after three minutes) before resetting the base station.

• Then add the Alexa device to the network and enable Arlo skill and check.

When the above did not work, I removed one of my Aro Pros as a test.
    1) removed the camera from the Arlo Skill in Alexa.
    2) Readded the camera in Alexa.
    When the above did not work, I. rebooted router, base station, Alexa and
    1) removed the camera from the Arlo Skill in Alexa.
    2) Readded the camera to Alexa.
    3. Waited 10 minutes.

Still "[Camera X] is not responding, please check it's network connection and power supply."

Can someone suggest what to do next or what I did wrong?

Stangle
Guide
Guide

I don't see how this is working. since September or October 2019 (when the push for TFA was being introduced), my Arlo pro cameras went from working to non-working with Alexa. I did nothing on my end to break this.

Now, almost February 2021, after factory resets (router, Echo Show 5, and Arlo base station), rebooting, power cycling, disabling/re-enabling the app, removing and re-adding cameras to the Alexa app, this isn't any different. The problem remains.

If someone can see anything BESIDES a 1st gen cam in Echo Show, PLEASE let me know what you have done. It's entirely unhelpful to say "it's working" - when it doesn't for so many, and this thread is still unresolved. (Note 2-star app rating).

This SHOULD work out of the box. It didn't.
The support steps should resolve it. They don't.

This video has all the exact properties and problems from when this started. This video was taken just before this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju8N4rKrGEI

dcfox1
Master
Master

I don't have 2FA enabled like you do. You could disable it and try it without it but I don't know  that is your issue since you mentioned it. 

Stangle
Guide
Guide

Thanks! I only turned on 2FA for the initial connection of viewers (browsers, iPads, etc) because that was mandatory.

This problem exists for me with Two Factor Authentication on or off.

I have 2FA off because as soon as I close a browser (Firefox, Brave, or Edge) on my primary computer, it needs to be authenticated...again and again which defeats the purpose of being away from my phone.

Do you have your post-gen-1 cameras working with Echo? If so, what did you do?

dcfox1
Master
Master

The Pro3. I have seen some post that their older cams worked fine but not the newer ones. Mine worked after Oct-Nov. I have the Firestick so can't say if it's Arlo or Amazon. I had an Alexa Show earlier in the year and it worked fine then. 

Stangle
Guide
Guide

Actually, that's been the most helpful thing I've read here. My/The problem isn't with an Arlo Ultra or Pro 3 per se (not working with Alexa), but the Arlo products in between the 1st generation and (what I'm guessing is) the current one.

Looks like I've been posting in the wrong thread. My apologizes.

BatesHomeAuto
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought an Echo Show last week (Feb, 2021) and it's not working.

I tried this from another post, but it didn't work.

I’ve just fix the problem. You need to do the next steps:
1. Disable the skill in Alexa App
2. Make a factory reset in the echo show: Go to Settings (slide down screen and the icon is on your left) > Device Options > Reset to factory Defaults > Reset but retain Smart home Device Connections
3. Wait until the reset ends and enable the skill again
This steps works for me, good luck!

Biphnest
Tutor
Tutor

3/3/2021.... Still not working

Cowfolder
Star
Star
Another app update from Arlo but still not working with Echo Show. How difficult can it be to integrate?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Cowfolder wrote:
Another app update from Arlo but still not working with Echo Show. How difficult can it be to integrate?

The Arlo app has nothing to do with it. All setting and interface is controlled with the Amazon  Alexa app. They update often. 

smtwork
Tutor
Tutor

Still not working.

Stangle
Guide
Guide

Arlo has only been "looking into this" for about 5 or 6 months, don't be so impatient. 🤣😂🤣

Kidding. There are a number of threads here and elsewhere about this. 
Here's two
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Partner-Integrations/Alexa-Arlo-Skill-should-be-fixed/m-p/1810288#M106...
Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Arlo

I think the fix is moving to another platform. Arlo knows about this issue, but doesn't seem to care about fixing it, so if you want the feature, you need to buy additional Arlo products that DO work...but who's to say this won't happen again? That's why the choice is to jump to Blink, Eufy, etc. makes better economic sense: you gotta buy something, so get something that works that way it's supposed to.

DripDrop
Tutor
Tutor
After replacing my FireStick with a newer version, this magically started working. Rather than waiting for Arlo to not fix this, just buy a new connected device
Biphnest
Tutor
Tutor

3/14/2021: Now working for me.

Cowfolder
Star
Star
Well I’ll be, so does mine. Arlo must have finally fixed it!!