Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

markjericho
Star
Star

I successfully setup my 4 Arlo camera for Homekit this morning while at home. They appeared within the Homekit app just fine and I could pull up my live streams. Now that I am not at home, all of the Arlo cameras say "No Response". All of my other non-Arlo Homekit devices are working just fine. Also, if I open the Arlo app, all of the carmeras are online and working properly. However, the Arlo cameras don't seem to want to work within the Homekit app when I am away. Yes, I do have celluar turned on as well as Backround app refresh. Anyone else having this problem?

377 REPLIES 377
TW35601
Guide
Guide
You’re hundred percent correct Netgear has been Notorious for being non-user-friendly For decades we have used arlo and ring for over five years with I Arlo for five years and a pain customer but it’s absolutely clear the individuals who write the updates or not the same programmers and write the original coding and the product has proven to be unreliable which makes it unsafe as a home security system it is nothing more than a backup system for us at this point and the only reason it’s still in use is it modular portable aspect
gugars
Guide
Guide
After several firmware upgrades on my base station and even a new app from Arlo Im still facing the same error. I simply cannot add my Arlo to homekit, unauthorized device.

Very frustrating
CALLEN00
Star
Star

yes my basestation has always been connected directly to my router.

CALLEN00
Star
Star
Any word??
Arlo we are waiting.
Muskiepike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to add Arlo Pro cameras to Apple HomeKit .. just installed lastest Arlo firmware which indicates Arlo base must be VMB4000 .. is base station VMB4000r3  same as VMB4000? .. if not, then I will never be able to add Arlo Pro cameras to Apple HomeKit?

mikebalboa
Guide
Guide
I was able to add Arlo to HomeKit on the first day, even with the, “uncertified accessory” error. It was confusing to not have the names of the cameras in Homekit and I couldn’t figure out how to get Siri to switch Arlo modes. After some searching, I read that some people were able to add Arlo to HomeKit without getting that error. Then there were some Arlo firmware updates. I tried removing and adding it back to HomeKit to see if that would fix the problems and now it never gets past the, “uncertified accessory” error and can’t add Arlo to HomeKit.
TW35601
Guide
Guide
The HomeKit set up offers little to no advantage over the standard app mostly not worth the effort
Curtterp
Guide
Guide

It will be better than the new Arlo app when iOS 13 drops (hopefully tomorrow)

nxc
Apprentice
Apprentice
Disagree. iOS 13 will eventually allow HomeKit to take over recording, allowing iCloud storage. To me, that’s worth it.
jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo have already confirmed they will not be supporting homekit secure video, my guess is they dont want to loose subscription revenue to apple icloud  - https://twitter.com/ArloSmartHome/status/1162472413562646528 

nxc
Apprentice
Apprentice
Didn’t know that. As soon as cameras that support it hit the market this system will be going on eBay, I guess. Thank you for that information. Arlo just ensured they won’t get another dime from me.
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have to disagree. Automations makes it worth it, but only if you have many Homekit devices
ambroze72
Tutor
Tutor

What are you doing with Automations? I would think there would be a way to at least schedule arming and disarming the cameras but that is not allowed. Motion sensors on the cameras do not work (I've tested this over and over). To me it's just having the cameras show up in the Home App and I don't understand how that is at all helpful when there's already the Arlo app for that.

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have many automations using the camera's motion sensors. Sensors are working just fine for me.
You can disarm or arm the system as the Arlo system is registered as homekit cameras and not an alarm system
cbrauckmiller
Star
Star

I second this.  Setup a BETA program for your power users and those who have software QA capabilities.

My home network is setup such that I can provide packet captures, remote access and other features for Arlo to leverage. 

I'd be happy to participate free of charge.  I just want to ensure that my investment is valued by Arlo and Netgear.

TW35601
Guide
Guide
OMG ok Here’s an absolute almost sure work around that should work for everyone forget your HomeKit yes forget it. Go to settings on your phone go down to Homekit turn it off.. delete your current version of Arlos app which ever one it is. Unplug and disconnect your base station. Reinstall the Arlo app but make sure you have clean up making sure there are no traces of the app on your phone best method is power the phone down and re-power it up before reinstalling. Now Reinstall the app declined the option to use HomeKit May even get an app error message but it will after min it will load. open the app sign in then restart your router and let it go through it normal start up motions. There is a significant string of original coding that the updates has not corroded at least that was so a week ago. The coding will force the system to load.. Now some or part of your Custom modes maybe missing or maybe all be there.. if you cannot get the app to let you reset the motion settings on your cameras or make new modes... some of you are not going to like what I’m about to say . This will be part of the newer base station models main issue... the patch is you will have to open your arlo account from a hardwired device on the same network as your base station and fix your settings it overrides any errors... this is part of the original coding You’ll be able to use the original app no HomeKit for notifications and managing your system .. go back and turn on HomeKit I have test this on 7 different iPhones only one of them did it fail on... you’re welcome no thanks to netgear or should I say Arlo
TW35601
Guide
Guide
OMG ok Here’s an absolute almost sure work around that should work for everyone forget your HomeKit yes forget it. Go to settings on your phone go down to Homekit turn it off.. delete your current version of Arlos app which ever one it is. Unplug and disconnect your base station. Reinstall the Arlo app but make sure you have clean up making sure there are no traces of the app on your phone best method is power the phone down and re-power it up before reinstalling. Now Reinstall the app declined the option to use HomeKit May even get an app error message but it will after min it will load. open the app sign in then restart your router and let it go through it normal start up motions. There is a significant string of original coding that the updates has not corroded at least that was so a week ago. The coding will force the system to load.. Now some or part of your Custom modes maybe missing or maybe all be there.. if you cannot get the app to let you reset the motion settings on your cameras or make new modes... some of you are not going to like what I’m about to say . This will be part of the newer base station models main issue... the patch is you will have to open your arlo account from a hardwired device on the same network as your base station and fix your settings it overrides any errors... this is part of the original coding You’ll be able to use the original app no HomeKit for notifications and managing your system .. go back and turn on HomeKit I have test this on 7 different iPhones only one of them did it fail on... you’re welcome no thanks to netgear or should I say Arlo
CALLEN00
Star
Star
I’ve tried this morning no luck. Still getting the spinning wheel of dead.
TW35601
Guide
Guide
What model IPhone ? And ISO 12.? Or 13? What is the last 3 of the serial # on base station.
CALLEN00
Star
Star
iphone 7plus running 12.4.1
Curtterp
Guide
Guide

HomeKit is working for me.

iPhone - 12.4.1

iPad - 13.1 beta

iMac - Mojava

Macbook Pro - Catalina

Apple TV. - Latest release

What I did was delete my Home in Homekit. Then I started a new one adding everything back through the iPhone.  I do have other Homekit devices which I also added. Since I have a mix of devices with beta operating systems, I think it took a couple of days before every device had everything back in.

TW35601
Guide
Guide
Yeah I gave a detailed description as to a process that worked for me in reply #242 with
7 different iPhones and three different base stations unfortunately it looks like for some reason the iPhone 7 and I guess the 7+ I didn’t have a 7+ to test still are having an issue even with my method post # 242
Zeebulon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Apple HomeKit Error "No accessories responding" when not connected to home wifi.

iOS 12.4.1

Installed new Arlo mobile app

All firmwares up to date (base station and cameras)

Everything works when connected to wifi at home, but not when away.

New iOS update is coming September 19...

When will a fix be available or Arlo app update?

Thank you,

nxc
Apprentice
Apprentice

I really don't feel like deleting my Home, resetting HomeKit, is an effective solution. While it may be proven to work, it shouldn't be a requirement for a product advertised as HomeKit compatible. I have way too many other devices in HomeKit to reset the whole thing solely for Arlo. I'm more likely to sell the whole kit and do something else entirely.

ASUpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could not agree more about starting my homekit setup from scratch.  Arlo has provided absolutely no updates or estimates on when their problem is going to be resolved.  I have a doorbell camera, door locks, lights, switches, thermotasts and garaga doors.  No way I am deleting all and startng from scratch again only for Arlo not to work.